How to speed up the time?

ejpril88

I've been admitted to my dream school and will be moving from Chicago to California this summer. I have spent only one year in US (I am from Europe originally), so I don't have many friends here or exciting things to do while I'm waiting for school to start. That said, I am sooo bored and I would like to speed up the time somehow. I work in a boring law office and I don't care about the job at all. After I saw what my future is going to look like, I find it even harder to stay motivated at work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

YES! I was lucky enough to have an amazing support system while I applied to grad school so I did the bare minimum work-wise to focus on my apps (went from 40hr+ weeks at a hospital to part time at a retail store) and will continue to work retail until I leave for school in August...AND I. AM. SO. BORED. I will get to take a summer class since I need to finish a prereq but it's only two days a week at my undergrad, not my future school. I have no idea how to not get stir crazy waiting all summer so I feel your pain!

Of course, I'm sure will miss all this free time at times once we're busy grad students but oh well :P

16 hours ago, ejpril88 said:

I've been admitted to my dream school and will be moving from Chicago to California this summer. I have spent only one year in US (I am from Europe originally), so I don't have many friends here or exciting things to do while I'm waiting for school to start. That said, I am sooo bored and I would like to speed up the time somehow. I work in a boring law office and I don't care about the job at all. After I saw what my future is going to look like, I find it even harder to stay motivated at work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Well I am at work right now so I feel you....

I finally took my office up on the opportunity to work from home so nobody would see my senioritis in action! Don't forget to take any vacation time before you go!

I started in this office in January and plan to quit in late June, so I don't think I will have any vacation time. I will use my 7 sick days, though. I've experienced the same lack of motivation a year ago while working as a journalist, knowing that I will soon be moving to US. And that was kind of my dream job, so no need to explain how demotivated I am to arrange huge piles of papers in a law office, which is what I'm doing right now <_<