psych interview weekends---what to wear, etc.

geichat

Here's one I haven't heard:

How are you carrying your stuff around with you? My dilemma is that I'll be interviewing with six different people through the course of one day with lots of walking in between and a reception in the evening. I want to bring a smaller purse for convenience (room for a wallet, small notepad and pen, phone and a camera). I've heard that we should bring a few copies of our CV just in case, but I wouldn't be able to fit them without folding them in half. Should I suck it up and bring a larger, clunkier purse just so I can fit my nice resume folder, or should I just go CV-less?

How are you carrying your stuff around with you? My dilemma is that I'll be interviewing with six different people through the course of one day with lots of walking in between and a reception in the evening. I want to bring a smaller purse for convenience (room for a wallet, small notepad and pen, phone and a camera). I've heard that we should bring a few copies of our CV just in case, but I wouldn't be able to fit them without folding them in half. Should I suck it up and bring a larger, clunkier purse just so I can fit my nice resume folder, or should I just go CV-less?

My first one, they had an empty office to lock luggage in during the interviews. Second one said to leave it at the hotel.

I've definitely never needed my CV at an interview so I don't know about that, but at most of my interviews they've given us each a folder with our schedule and other school/program info in it. I'm glad I had a fairly large purse so I could tuck the folder into it, instead of having to carry around multiple things.