Canadian Schools

spacegirl

Hey all, anyone heard anything yet from Canadian schools? In particular the clinical programs at York, UofT, OISE, Ryerson, Guelph, etc...?

no!! im waiting on clinical at ottawa, concordia and new brunswick

and experimental at mcgill, i think they tell you on the website but ihave NO IDEA where......

ughhhh

It took them ages to let me know, last year. I had applied to McMaster and McGill. I contacted the professors in early March. The guys at McGill told me that they would probably reject me. McMaster however told me that they were interested but they were still deciding on where my funding would come from. They could never figure it out and when I really had to make a final decision, I contacted them again and they apologized for not finding something. So if you are one in such a situation (an unenviable one, though you may believe its flattering that they are actually interested), you will never really know until you tell them that you have to make a decision and cannot wait for theirs any longer.

Has anyone heard from UBC? I saw an acceptance posted a while ago, but am not sure if all of them have gone out yet.

I was told by the graduate secretary that they will try to finalize the decisions in the coming week or so.

I was interviewed by two different faculty members at Ryerson early February. They told me that they were having an admissions committee meeting February 19th to make final decisions.

I also received a fantastically impersonal rejection letter from Simon Fraser University February 16th (How much work would it really be to add the applicant's name? Don't we at least deserve to be rejected personally, after paying approx. 100$??)

Beyond this, I haven't heard anything at all- waiting on six other Canadian schools.

• 2 weeks later...

spacegirl, did you get notified via snail mail or email?

More importantly, congratulations! :)

I was notified by my POI via e-mail and then I received an official acceptance via snail mail a few days later.

Thanks and good luck to you!!

spacegirl, Congrats!!!!!! laugh.gif

was your online application status changed?

Thanks! My online status has actually not be updated. However, I applied 2 years ago and it still says "under review" from then even though I was rejected! So, I don't know how much you can rely on that. Good luck with your applications!

Still waiting on McGill, Ottawa, York, Victoria, OISE, UBC and Dalhousie for clinical psychology! (Simon Fraser, Concordia, New Brunswick and Waterloo sent rejection letters already.)

OMG It's not just me then.

I've been officially rejected from Concordia (all spots filled), Calgary (f--- them) and UWO. I bet you U Calgary can't even find enough people to fill their spots.

Still waiting for UBC and Ryerson. I think UBC is taking long b/c of the Olympics. I think Ryerson is taking long b/c I'm not one of their top applicants and they get many more rejections from students, so they will be working on filling positions for a while.

The only program I've been contacted by is McMaster's MINDS neuroscience program. If that's the only one I get, I'll take that.

Edited by ALDA