Stanford unfunded Master vs WPI funded PhD

Guys I really need some help here... I am pulling my hair out over a decision between an unfunded Stanford Master ME offer and a funded WPI (Worcester Polytechnic Institute) Robotics PhD offer. Which one should I choose?

PhD and master are equal to me, since I love how PhD give me enough time to do research that I love, while Master starts me early into a career. I love the rich resources in Stanford, while WPI is a fairly small school. The lab that I will go to is also relatively newly established. But Stanford is not offering any funding for me, and I know how schools treat Master students like cash cows. But Stanford is just such a great place to be at. 

Any advice or suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you!

If the opportunities are genuinely identical, then think about the opportunity cost of WPI vs Stanford.  Being out of pocket $40-60k is one thing-- missing 5 years' salary in what may be a lucrative field (I don't know at all about that) may be worse in the long run.