electrical grad school admission results

footestlavie

Hi everyone,

I've got a phone interview from a professor in ECE Gatech back in November. He advised me to apply for the summer term instead of the fall entry. I did. Then after my application was ready to pick up, early on January, I think, he replied that he was going to recommend me and provide my funding himself. He also advised me to read everything about his research, be prepared to apply for visa, and that they are not going to decline my application because of my good academic background.

Nevertheless, I have not yet heard anything from the department. The office has already started issuing some admissions to American applicants for the fall term (I am an international applicant), and I am sick worried what does this mean? and what should I do?

Is there anybody applied for the summer entry? Have you got your result?

At MIT to "Area 3" (Electronics, Computers, and Systems), but more specifically I'm interested in analog circuits and mixed signal.

Can I ask how did you find out about the decision? Was it through the website, or did somebody email you?

At MIT to "Area 3" (Electronics, Computers, and Systems), but more specifically I'm interested in analog circuits and mixed signal.

Can you share your profile please. Just curious to know what is required to get an admit from MIT.

Thanks

Can you share your profile please. Just curious to know what is required to get an admit from MIT.

Thanks

I posted my profile in the profile thread:

But I don't think it'll tell you much, I don't see it stamd out in any particular way.

Got admitted to Purdue. :-) Nowhere near my top choices, but there's nothing like the 1st admit to perk up one's mood :-)

However, the dampener is that they haven't offered funding. It's the same with a couple of other guys from my school. Have been asked to contact professors for research assistantships.

Looks like the recession is going to be really hard on international applicants.

Got admitted to Purdue. :-) Nowhere near my top choices, but there's nothing like the 1st admit to perk up one's mood :-)

However, the dampener is that they haven't offered funding. It's the same with a couple of other guys from my school. Have been asked to contact professors for research assistantships.

Looks like the recession is going to be really hard on international applicants.

OnlyMe, did you receive any interview requests from Berkeley or MIT before being admitted?

A Professor from Berkeley set an interview with me about 3 weeks ago.

Actually, I didn't really realize it was going to be an interview the way he put it, which is probably for the best or I would have really gotten anxious about it :)

He emailed me asking if we could talk, I said sure, he called asked me a few technical questions then told me about his lab and current research and asked me what my interests are and if any of that appealed to me. After two weeks I got the email from them.

From MIT I haven't heard anything up until yesterday when I got the acceptance email.