SJSU 2 year MA program

Has anyone been accepted to SJSU for the 2 year master's program? Declining or accepting your offer? Anyone waitlisted? Any thoughts on attending SJSU and the program?

Edited by SLPsd

I've been accepted to the 3-year program, which I know is different, but have a bit to say. I'm planning on accepting this offer because it has opportunities for multi-cultural focus and engagement through its programs such as Project Tapestry. I'm Vietnamese and highly value the opportunity to work with the Vietnamese community (which is large in SJ). My brother is an undergrad at SJSU and we are very close to each other, but our hometown is quite far so it would be great to have each other close. It's also an affordable program compared to most - it's cheaper than my current undergrad tuition !! I also want to write a thesis or case study as my capstone, and SJSU provides this opportunity.

Program-wise, I have visited their department clinic and picked up the papers they provide parents with information about the services they provide. I spoke with alumni who went to my same UG institution and he really enjoyed the program. The largest frustration it seems is that there is a lack of administrative support, or not enough of it, when it comes to enrollment. They are poorly funded and in the past have had to fundraise for their own graduation. However, with their new interim department chair and their current search for a new chair, it seems that things are changing. I've heard the faculty are amazing and very pro-student and fulfill a lot of the role that admin is unable to do due to staffing issues. It does seem that the school better prepares you for a classroom setting over clinical but there are ample opportunities to get externship experiences in both settings. The alumni I spoke with did his clinical at Stanford's Hospital. I personally want to work in a school setting so this is a plus for me.