Northeastern Funding

Has anyone else received a Dean's scholarship to Northeastern? I am supposed to receive a call tomorrow to learn more about it. I tried searching online but it is hard to find information related to graduate scholarships. They're really cutting it close to the April 15th deadline and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to make a good decision. 

Just now, mspeech said:

Has anyone else received a Dean's scholarship to Northeastern? I am supposed to receive a call tomorrow to learn more about it. I tried searching online but it is hard to find information related to graduate scholarships. They're really cutting it close to the April 15th deadline and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to make a good decision. 

No, but I planned on emailing the coordinator this evening about funding. This is a major factor in my decision and I'm honestly nervous about paying for this program.

How did you know you got it?

And my deadline is the 27th for them but I have another school with a 15th deadline.

1 minute ago, maurmaur said:

No, but I planned on emailing the coordinator this evening about funding. This is a major factor in my decision and I'm honestly nervous about paying for this program.

How did you know you got it?

And my deadline is the 27th for them but I have another school with a 15th deadline.

I emailed Lorraine Book two weeks ago and she just emailed me today telling me that I received this scholarship. She said she wanted to call me but I kind of wish she just told me the details via email. So I definitely recommend emailing her asap lol 

Just now, mspeech said:

I emailed Lorraine Book two weeks ago and she just emailed me today telling me that I received this scholarship. She said she wanted to call me but I kind of wish she just told me the details via email. So I definitely recommend emailing her asap lol 

That's my plan! I basically just found out I even got in.

Just now, maurmaur said:

That's my plan! I basically just found out I even got in.

Congratulations! I'm assuming it won't be that much money. Northeastern is a great school but I think it'll be too expensive for me

Just now, mspeech said:

Congratulations! I'm assuming it won't be that much money. Northeastern is a great school but I think it'll be too expensive for me

Agreed, the other school I got into is also super expensive. However, the tuition is slightly slower than my other school which with the cost of living makes it about equal.

So I'm leaning towards it until I know about waitlists. I'd like to figure out how much it would be to commute.

Also congrats to you too!

Just now, maurmaur said:

Agreed, the other school I got into is also super expensive. However, the tuition is slightly slower than my other school which with the cost of living makes it about equal.

So I'm leaning towards it until I know about waitlists. I'd like to figure out how much it would be to commute.

Also congrats to you too!

I also feel like having a car in Boston, going to clinical placements every day, would be really stressful for me. I'm leaning toward a school with in-state tuition and a suburban setting instead. But I'm just too curious about what this scholarship involves lol. She's calling me in about an hour so I guess I'll find out soon!