Duke ThD waitlist

anonymousePhD

There seems to be a lot of people receiving waitlist notices via email today. Does anyone want to share details?

There isn't a whole lot to share, I'm afraid. The email said there were 100 applicants and only 8 spots open. It didn't indicate how many others had been waitlisted or how those might be arranged hierarchically or in relation to the different funding packages that are typically offered.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I suppose it all makes for good Lenten discipline. :)

There isn't a whole lot to share, I'm afraid. The email said there were 100 applicants and only 8 spots open. It didn't indicate how many others had been waitlisted or how those might be arranged hierarchically or in relation to the different funding packages that are typically offered.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. I suppose it all makes for good Lenten discipline. :)

Anyone actually get in? Did they call?

Thanks for the information. It is helpful to know what the numbers look like.

I noticed that there were a couple of posts indicating acceptance offers over the phone.

I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping it's too early to tell if that is bad news at this point.

They've put 10 people on the waitlist and it is not ranked in any particular way. Funding options are exactly the same for those who get in off of the waitlist as those 8 who were initially admitted. Last year, they say, 3 people were admitted off of the waitlist. Hope this helps...