Emory 2017

aquamarine

It hasn't really been going, so far. I've mainly been searching at places online, but I think I'm going to spend time during the next month or so in Atlanta looking at places in person. I'm not really sure exactly what I want in a place right now. I just figured I'd see how it looks when I get there.  I don't have to move in until August anyways, so I have some time.

How's your search going? I see your program is neuro/pharmacology. When do you start?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2017 at 0:03 PM, nile red said:

Just found this thread. I'll also be there in the fall! Can't wait.

HI! How's your preparation for grad school coming along? Have you heard anything from laney graduate school yet?

11 hours ago, goldentoast said:

HI! How's your preparation for grad school coming along? Have you heard anything from laney graduate school yet?

Hey! I'm mostly having a difficult time figuring out housing arrangements. Going to have to make a visit from NJ to GA before August. And yeah, they sent a zip file with a bunch of information a few days ago (I think it was program specific, though!).

On 5/19/2017 at 10:08 AM, nile red said:

Hey! I'm mostly having a difficult time figuring out housing arrangements. Going to have to make a visit from NJ to GA before August. And yeah, they sent a zip file with a bunch of information a few days ago (I think it was program specific, though!).

Oh yeah. Visiting is a must for the housing search. I had a friend who went to Emory for undergrad and grad school. She helped me out with finding an apartment to live for the fall. If you want to PM me, I can send you some of the recommendations she sent! 

Info from my program has been minimal, but I'm doing a masters and I think their apps just closed so they still don't have their full class yet. Here's hoping I didn't get secretly kicked out! lol

If I may, my bf used to go to Emory. There is an off campus site from Emory that you login to where you can search for roommates and places to live. 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, goldentoast said:

It hasn't really been going, so far. I've mainly been searching at places online, but I think I'm going to spend time during the next month or so in Atlanta looking at places in person. I'm not really sure exactly what I want in a place right now. I just figured I'd see how it looks when I get there.  I don't have to move in until August anyways, so I have some time.

How's your search going? I see your program is neuro/pharmacology. When do you start?

housing shopping next week, lol. and I think my program orientation is August 17th!

On 5/23/2017 at 8:59 PM, aquamarine said:

housing shopping next week, lol. and I think my program orientation is August 17th!

Okay, my orientation is also around then I believe. I'm excited to move to Atlanta! Good luck with the housing search! It was stressful for me to find a place lol they all kept going so fast! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...