Job vs PhD

I decided I wanted to teach, and in my field to do that, a PhD is recommended (I already have 3 other advanced degrees and residency training). 

I accepted a very good PhDfellowship with a top flight school. I then just got a generous faculty position offer, tenure track if I want it, in which I would develop a curriculum and teach a good portion of the time. It's 2.5 times my PhD salary with good benefits. Is there a way to exit the PhD gracefully without burning too many bridges?

6 hours ago, rising_star said:

Sure. Explain that after careful consideration, you've decided that this isn't the right time to pursue a PhD. You don't need to explain what you'll be doing instead unless you really want to.

Is this a phone call to the department? Potential PI who was my champion?

6 minutes ago, Trilobite1 said:

Is this a phone call to the department? Potential PI who was my champion?

Do it in writing. Write whoever made you the official offer (chair? DGS?). You could also write your potential PI, if s/he's been helpful along the way, to personally thank them and let them know about this development.