2010 MFA Painting/Drawing/Printmaking Admission Notifications

alizarin

Got my rejection letter from SAIC (printmedia) today. It's the exact same letter they sent for painting! As in, word for word. Couldn't they at least be more original by department? Anyway, I'm not too sad about it. I was kind of anticipating it. Even if I got in, I would think very hard about going anyway because my main genre is painting, printmaking is just my secondary thing. So there's that. But I don't think I would reapply to SAIC again, maybe my work just doesn't fit in there. Wish they notified me sooner.

So here's my update so far:

Rejected:

Yale

SAIC

UC Berkeley (wish I didn't apply there, could've saved $80)

Interview:

RISD

Waiting:

UCLA

Columbia

CCA

Edited by alizarin

I applied to the following MFA programs in Printmaking:

Georgia

Georgia State

Florida

Louisiana State

the results:

Georgia- wait list

Florida- wait list

LSU- rejected

I had a phone interview around the 1st of March with Georgia State and they told me they were going to make a quick decision and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know what the chances are of making it off a wait list? Georgia is my first choice and I know that their program is really small. They emailed me over two weeks ago to tell me I was on the wait list and I emailed them to find out where I was on the list and they never got back to me. Their email says that who ever got accepted has until April 15th to reply. Florida's deadline for those who were accepted to reply is May 8th.

I am now regretting that I didn't apply to more schools. I am worried that I won't get in anywhere.

I have applied for painting to:

SAIC

Columbia

RISD

UCLA

SFAI

PNCA

University of Washington

no word from anyone yet - the wait is killing me! worried about SAIC if other people have gotten interview letters. oh well, fingers crossed - here's to hoping!

i think the wait is killing all of us...

i applied to a lot of the same schools, risd, saic, and ucla in common.

i was rejected by usc already, and accepted at cca.

beyond that i interviewed at yale, risd, and saic (painting), though haven't heard a final word from any of them. i'm maybe most on the edge of my seat about ucla though and haven't heard a thing, though i've heard that they've already made their decisions...

looking forward to hearing from anyone about the california schools.

good luck everybody.

beyond that i interviewed at yale, risd, and saic (painting), though haven't heard a final word from any of them. i'm maybe most on the edge of my seat about ucla though and haven't heard a thing, though i've heard that they've already made their decisions...

good luck everybody.

I got into CCA too and SFAI. I unofficially (through a casual email) found out that I was accepted to Calarts. I have not heard from UCLA yet either and I live in LA. Lots of people on the forums said they have been rejected but I have not heard a peep regarding interviews OR acceptances. Pretty much a mystery to me at this point.

Ok not to be a jerk but I am starting to feel like a lot of these posts are just not accurate. Someone says they already interviewed at Yale. I spoke with Yale and they ONLY do interviews for all departments between March 22-26. Its just not possible that you had a yale interview.

Should I just assume now that everyone is messing with me?

Interview / no interview. Acceptance/no word. After talking to admissions people at a lot of these schools it seems what people are posting are just not accurate.

What should I think??

Ok not to be a jerk but I am starting to feel like a lot of these posts are just not accurate. Someone says they already interviewed at Yale. I spoke with Yale and they ONLY do interviews for all departments between March 22-26. Its just not possible that you had a yale interview.

Should I just assume now that everyone is messing with me?

Interview / no interview. Acceptance/no word. After talking to admissions people at a lot of these schools it seems what people are posting are just not accurate.

What should I think??

cleardot.gifReply

some schools don't interview. some schools interview some people that they feel they need to talk to, and some schools, like yale, want to talk to 70 people. they gave me an early interview. that doesn't mean i'm getting accepted or anything, it just means they granted me an early interview because i was already on their interview list and i was in new york at the time (close enough to go up and talk). the reason they granted this exception was because at the end of the month of february i had to go to l.a. copy and pasted below. i was standing outside the gate trying to get in for my interview but there was no number for them on the blue security box there...

cleardot.gifcleardot.gifcleardot.gif

Patricia A DeChiara

to me show details Feb 22

We are expecting to see you now. Your interview is in 15 minutes??

Patricia Ann DeChiara

Director of Academic Affairs

Yale University School of Art

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, please promptly notify the sender of this email and delete the transmittal and any attachments. If you have received this email in error, you are not permitted to review, copy, or distribute this email or any attachments-- any disclosure or copying of the contents of this email is unauthorized and may be unlawful.

I got into CCA too and SFAI. I unofficially (through a casual email) found out that I was accepted to Calarts. I have not heard from UCLA yet either and I live in LA. Lots of people on the forums said they have been rejected but I have not heard a peep regarding interviews OR acceptances. Pretty much a mystery to me at this point.

good for you.

what areas/departments are you applying to?

atrawickb when did you get your rejection from USC? Did you apply for painting

i didn't get a letter. i called the admissions department and asked. they patched me through to dwayne moser who told me i wasn't being offered a spot. he was pretty nice about it though, and encouraging. so that was ok.

allbest and good luck.

good luck everybody.

Hi there, just curious. How did your RISD interview go? Did you do it over the phone or were you granted an early interview in person? What is it very intense? Did they ask a lot of questions or mostly talked about your work? Please share your experience, if you don't mind. Thanks :)

Hi there, just curious. How did your RISD interview go? Did you do it over the phone or were you granted an early interview in person? What is it very intense? Did they ask a lot of questions or mostly talked about your work? Please share your experience, if you don't mind. Thanks :)

@alizarin

i did a risd phone interview yesterday morning early. we tried the skype thing but it didn't work out so well and wound up doing it on speakerphone. there were three profs from the painting department, and it went pretty well. it was the most human interview i've done so far anyways, in the sense that i never felt like they were trying to corner me or get me off balance. overall i'd say that the line of questioning was pretty much the same as for the other schools, but the tone was warmer.

Hey guys,

I got rejected from Tyler, UIUC

Waiting List : Indiana Univ.

Interviewed :SAIC

Accepted: UW MAdison, The Ohio State University, Penn State and West Virginia

Waiting news from: Rutgers, MSU, VCU

Does Anyone knows more abt painting at OSU compare to UW Madison and West Virginia?

I got 2 letters in the mail today and now all my results are in:

SAIC: REJECTED, (interviewed 3/6, painting, drawing)

NIU: rejected

CSULB: rejected

UC: rejected

Claremont: accepted!!

My wife's results:

SAIC: waitlisted (interviewed 3/6, fibers)

CSULB: ?

CSULA: ?

So It looks like we are moving to LA, not Chicago. Hopefully she gets into one of those LA schools, or she will apply again next year.

I applied to the following MFA programs in Printmaking:

Georgia

Georgia State

Florida

Louisiana State

the results:

Georgia- wait list

Florida- wait list

LSU- rejected

I had a phone interview around the 1st of March with Georgia State and they told me they were going to make a quick decision and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know what the chances are of making it off a wait list? Georgia is my first choice and I know that their program is really small. They emailed me over two weeks ago to tell me I was on the wait list and I emailed them to find out where I was on the list and they never got back to me. Their email says that who ever got accepted has until April 15th to reply. Florida's deadline for those who were accepted to reply is May 8th.

I am now regretting that I didn't apply to more schools. I am worried that I won't get in anywhere.

Its nice to hear from someone that applied to some of the same schools as me. This is me so far:

UTexas, Arlington- Accepted

UFlorida- Rejected

UTexas, San Antonio- No word

LSU- Waitlisted

I wish I knew the chances of getting off of a waiting list because the the wait is driving me crazy, so if anyone has any info please share . But can I ask you how and when did you hear back from LSU? I applied for an MFA in Graphic Design and I was told I was waitlisted on March 9th and that I should hear back in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

New list

REJECTED

SAIC

BERKELEY

HUNTER

ACCEPTED

CCA

UW MADISON

WAITING

VCU

PRATT

i'm into cca too. have you heard anything about funding?

do you think you're going to go? --and if so, why?

i love the bay area, though i'm not convinced that cca's program is all that strong after visiting...

this is the results list for my boyfriend who applied for printmaking:

UW-Madison- Rejected

Rutgers- Rejected

RISD- Accepted with scholarship

Pratt- Accepted with scholarship

SAIC (Printmedia)- Accepted

He also applied to SVA for Illustration and got in there, too. But he's going to RISD!

I got 2 letters in the mail today and now all my results are in:

SAIC: REJECTED, (interviewed 3/6, painting, drawing)

CSULB: rejected

Claremont: accepted!!

My wife's results:

SAIC: waitlisted (interviewed 3/6, fibers)

CSULB: ?

CSULA: ?

So It looks like we are moving to LA, not Chicago. Hopefully she gets into one of those LA schools, or she will apply again next year.

I also did a interview with SAIC 3/6 10:00am, painting,MFA. I am not got any information from SAIC right now, Did you hear anybody have already been accepted by SAIC ,painting MFA? Thanks!

I also did a interview with SAIC 3/6 10:00am, painting,MFA. I am not got any information from SAIC right now, Did you hear anybody have already been accepted by SAIC ,painting MFA? Thanks!

I know some people on here have gotten acceptance letters. I called saic a while ago and they said they sent out their last letters on 3/18. If you are in China, it might take a few extra days to get to you.