What is the best GRE prep course in the D.C. area?

aspiringmaster

I'm looking to take a GRE prep course as soon as possible in the D.C. area and I am wondering which program I should go through. I know both PR and Kaplan are available...but I am highly skeptical of both. I have heard Testmasters is the best, but seeing as it is only available in CA and NYC I am wondering what my best option is. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

I am also wondering what GRE score I will need to get into a top 20 IR grad program with a 3.5 undergrad gpa, great extracurriculars, a hill internship, and abroad experience in cairo. I know I need more work experience...thinking about doing a peace corps stint in Jordan.

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware. GRE prep programs can be incredibly expensive and only review material that you likely learned in high school. http://www.gre.org offers a free test prep download that covers everything you will need for the exam, including a few computer based practice exams. If you want to pick up a book to help review vocabulary, that could be helpful, but I wouldn't recommend doing the course unless you think you need a LOT of help or if your school offers a big time discount. Taking the free practice tests that come with the downloadable package could help you evaluate your need for the course.