Is there a reason I haven't heard anything yet?

fireflies

Granted, I only applied to three schools and all three were fully funded programs. Do programs like that take longer to get in touch with people? I applied to U of MN, U of AL, and Penn State. U of AL said I was not in the first two rounds of rejections but would not say I was accepted. U of MN said that their non-fiction results would be turned in tomorrow. Rejections would be emailed and those accepted would be called on Monday... I have not been able to communicate with anyone in person at Penn State.

Has anyone had any experience yet with any of these schools?

Thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I know about U MN:

They have this posted on their website - "We received a record number of applications to the MFA program this year: 443 applications for 13 seats in fall 2010. Applications are now under review. Applicants will be notified in mid-March."

What I was told, when I inquired at the beginning of February, was this: They hadn't found out their budget yet for Fall 2010, and thus, realistically, there weren't any decisions made. Once that happens (I assume it's happened already), they'll try to get all decisions ready by around March 1, and those accepted or waitlisted will probably get an email. The Graduate School will send out official decisions by March 10.

I am applying for both the PhD and the MFA (in non-fiction), so I'm honestly not sure if my application will be handled differently from yours.

Here's what I know about U MN:

They have this posted on their website - "We received a record number of applications to the MFA program this year: 443 applications for 13 seats in fall 2010. Applications are now under review. Applicants will be notified in mid-March."

What I was told, when I inquired at the beginning of February, was this: They hadn't found out their budget yet for Fall 2010, and thus, realistically, there weren't any decisions made. Once that happens (I assume it's happened already), they'll try to get all decisions ready by around March 1, and those accepted or waitlisted will probably get an email. The Graduate School will send out official decisions by March 10.

I am applying for both the PhD and the MFA (in non-fiction), so I'm honestly not sure if my application will be handled differently from yours.

If you go to your application for the MFA, you should have a personal message if you were placed on the waitlist. I am on the U of MN waitlist for the MFA in Non-Fiction. I was told you should have heard from them if you were rejected or accepted, so I am thinking you are on the waitlist as well. So, congratulations, I guess, to both of us. Yay. (Sarcastically).

U of AL has said I am not in the first round of rejections or acceptances from U of AL (as they have gone out already) and I have officially been rejected by Penn State.

If you go to your application for the MFA, you should have a personal message if you were placed on the waitlist. I am on the U of MN waitlist for the MFA in Non-Fiction. I was told you should have heard from them if you were rejected or accepted, so I am thinking you are on the waitlist as well. So, congratulations, I guess, to both of us. Yay. (Sarcastically).

U of AL has said I am not in the first round of rejections or acceptances from U of AL (as they have gone out already) and I have officially been rejected by Penn State.

Interesting. I'm going to have to follow up with them. The Grad School has combined my two applications so that I only have one PIN (the one for the PhD application), but since the nonfiction decisions have already been made, I'll send an email now and report back if I hear anything.

Interesting. I'm going to have to follow up with them. The Grad School has combined my two applications so that I only have one PIN (the one for the PhD application), but since the nonfiction decisions have already been made, I'll send an email now and report back if I hear anything.

Heard back. I was rejected. Oh well.