stony brook acceptance

anyone to claim? seems a bit early for them.

I wasn't the acceptance, but I did apply to Stony Brook and I can provide some (hopefully useful) insight into their acceptance process. Unfortunately, ETS failed to send my GRE scores to Stony Brook (despite the fact that I paid to have the scores sent), so I was contacted Friday, February 5 by the English Department. I was informed that if I still wanted my application to be considered, the scores would need to arrive no later than February 18 since the admissions committee had already begun meeting. So, it may be earlier than usual, but I wouldn't panic if you haven't heard anything. There's still at least another week of meetings for the admissions committee. And, it is quite possible that they'll be meeting even after the February 18th deadline.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject for you!

I wasn't the acceptance, but I did apply to Stony Brook and I can provide some (hopefully useful) insight into their acceptance process. Unfortunately, ETS failed to send my GRE scores to Stony Brook (despite the fact that I paid to have the scores sent), so I was contacted Friday, February 5 by the English Department. I was informed that if I still wanted my application to be considered, the scores would need to arrive no later than February 18 since the admissions committee had already begun meeting. So, it may be earlier than usual, but I wouldn't panic if you haven't heard anything. There's still at least another week of meetings for the admissions committee. And, it is quite possible that they'll be meeting even after the February 18th deadline.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject for you!

thank you! it's one of my top choices. i see you're from long island-- i go to school on the island!

thank you! it's one of my top choices. i see you're from long island-- i go to school on the island!

Not a problem! I know how anxiety-ridden this whole process is, so I figured I'd let you know. Best of luck!

Oh, and I go to school on the island as well! :)