Vanderbilt

I e-mailed the director earlier this week to update my file. He said he committee was meeting at the end of this week and that e-mails should go out next week. He also said that he will send a mass waitlist e-mail and one to those who won't be considered any further.

Mr. Speaker (I'm looking to study Congress in grad school so I get your username rolleyes.gif )- Vanderbilt is my undergraduate alma mater and I was a poli sci major there. Although I didn't apply, only because I think it's important to do graduate studies somewhere different than where one does his undergraduate studies, as I recall from talking to professors in past years, they usually didn't accept people until late February and didn't reject people until early March. For you and anyone else who gets in and is interested in American politics, feel free to PM me on here if you have any questions about particular faculty members/Nashville/the school/the department. It's an awesome place! Best of luck to you!

Mr. Speaker (I'm looking to study Congress in grad school so I get your username rolleyes.gif )- Vanderbilt is my undergraduate alma mater and I was a poli sci major there. Although I didn't apply, only because I think it's important to do graduate studies somewhere different than where one does his undergraduate studies, as I recall from talking to professors in past years, they usually didn't accept people until late February and didn't reject people until early March. For you and anyone else who gets in and is interested in American politics, feel free to PM me on here if you have any questions about particular faculty members/Nashville/the school/the department. It's an awesome place! Best of luck to you!

Did you have much interaction with Bruce Oppenheimer? Or any of the other American Politics faculty?

Did you have much interaction with Bruce Oppenheimer? Or any of the other American Politics faculty?

For another update: I recently talked with someone at the school and they said they expect to have a class of 6-7 students. The school got a record number of applications ("hundreds") and I think things are currently winding their way through the bureaucracy.

For another update: I recently talked with someone at the school and they said they expect to have a class of 6-7 students. The school got a record number of applications ("hundreds") and I think things are currently winding their way through the bureaucracy.

Does this mean they have made a decision or are still narrowing it down? Just curious.

I e-mailed the director earlier this week to update my file. He said he committee was meeting at the end of this week and that e-mails should go out next week. He also said that he will send a mass waitlist e-mail and one to those who won't be considered any further.

So much for decisions going out this week... I guess they're just overwhelmed by all us Commodore hopefuls.

So much for decisions going out this week... I guess they're just overwhelmed by all us Commodore hopefuls.

From the results section it looks like notification next week would be more or less consistent with the past few years. Although it could very well be the case that they have made decisions and are just waiting to get final approval from the grad school, etc.

I just checked the website and my letter was posted. Good luck to all.

Congrats! As I said above, I'm was an undergrad poli sci major there and graduated in 2008, so feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions I might be able to help with.

Congrats! As I said above, I'm was an undergrad poli sci major there and graduated in 2008, so feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions I might be able to help with.

Are you accepted_?? Where in the website did you find the letter??