UT Austin - MFA

beane428

yep, I got a letter Tuesday-Rejected.

The letter said they had 254 applicants, and they accepted 10 for the entire department, which roughly comes out to 2 per program.

I got my rejection letter on Tuesday. When I visited the department in October, I learned that they accept 6 painters every year, and the 4 additional spots are divided among the other specializations. I applied to sculpture, and they accept 1 or 2 sculpture students a year depending on how many sculpture majors graduate; if 2 graduate, they accept 2 students, if 1 graduates, they accept 1. It alternates every year, and also (of course) depends on the advancement of the students.

I applied last year to painting and was wait-listed, that letter was postmarked Feb. 17. Havent heard yet this year, hoping thats a good thing...

RKSim's info is accurate as far as I know. Last year 272 apps, 10 accepted 6 painters remaining spots divided.

Hey team --- I haven't heard from UT (re: painting) as of today either. James, we actually met at one of the prospective student days in Austin. Good to see that you're in the fight. I live in Austin, so I'd be surprised if the notice delay is mail related. It sounds like they don't do interviews, but are selections still somehow made in rounds I wonder...

I'll confirm that they don't do interviews. They used to, apparently, but told us that they did away with that part of the application process this year. Which visit did you guys go to? I was there on October 12th. Good luck!

I'll confirm that they don't do interviews. They used to, apparently, but told us that they did away with that part of the application process this year. Which visit did you guys go to? I was there on October 12th. Good luck!

OK, thanks for the info. I went over there in November. Nice people. Good luck to you too.

Hey team --- I haven't heard from UT (re: painting) as of today either. James, we actually met at one of the prospective student days in Austin. Good to see that you're in the fight. I live in Austin, so I'd be surprised if the notice delay is mail related. It sounds like they don't do interviews, but are selections still somehow made in rounds I wonder...

Hey TIm! If your who I think you am, I member having a nice chat with you as we walked through the hallways. I am sure a picture would refresh my memory, I was kinda delerious that day on account of sixth street the night before, haha. What a wonderful universe. Glad your still in the fight too, how effin awsome would it be if we end up there together? Still no word on this end, my waitlist letter had arrived by now last year. Holding my breath...

Hey TIm! If your who I think you am, I member having a nice chat with you as we walked through the hallways. I am sure a picture would refresh my memory, I was kinda delerious that day on account of sixth street the night before, haha. What a wonderful universe. Glad your still in the fight too, how effin awsome would it be if we end up there together? Still no word on this end, my waitlist letter had arrived by now last year. Holding my breath...

6th St will do that to you. I definitely remember meeting you at the UT studios and conjecturing about how great it would be to go to UT. Not to overanalyze things, but I noticed a couple of hits on my website on Friday from a UT Austin hosted network. Maybe there's a second round of reviewing going on...

Edited by Tim Riggins