Hmm...though, apparently (from friends of my who applied last year) grad schools are notorious for added a few days to a week to an ETA. Though, I wouldn't expect it to be any more than a few days late if you called only last week....

Count Fosco...

Love your user name. My cat is named "Wilkie Collins" because my boyfriend put his foot down on Count Fosco (he said it sounded like Bosco sticks...engineers, huh?)

Yeah, the guy said that they "should" start notifying today. He was not very definite. I won't be surprised if nothing comes up until later this week... though that will probably not keep me from checking the site multiple times today.

Check your decision status!! Letters are there now!! Woooo!

Congrats! Though if you were the one who posted in the results, i just wanted to note that UCLA typically offers full funding to everyone. I wouldn't take the lack of funding info in the decision letter to indicate that they're actually not giving out funding. (At the graduate level, the UC funding crisis is massively over-exaggerated).

My letter isn't there yet. Probably not a good sign, I'm guessing.

California must not like me! :P

My application still says "no decision" too. I feel your pain. Maybe it will take a while to update... or maybe California is just not looking kindly on us. I have to admit, this really bums me out. I'm from California, though my undergraduate institution is on the East Coast, and I was really hoping to be, well, NOT across the country from my family for the next 5+ years.

My application still says "no decision" too. I feel your pain. Maybe it will take a while to update... or maybe California is just not looking kindly on us. I have to admit, this really bums me out. I'm from California, though my undergraduate institution is on the East Coast, and I was really hoping to be, well, NOT across the country from my family for the next 5+ years.

Oh man I definitely didn't want to make anyone sad. I'm sure they're just working up through the alphabet or something. I clearly caught my letter right after it went up (obsessive checking). I'm sure everyone's decisions will show up soon.

Some cautious optimism - I called UCLA a few hours ago (spurred on by an earlier post in this topic) and they said they were expecting to notify the admitted later this week and early next week. Jblevins may be the lucky beneficiary of a system/administrative glitch. Not definitely the case, but someone posted an admission from UVA that said that that happened to him/her. Like I said, cautious optimism with a slight bit of grounding.

Jblevins: Don't be silly! You deserve to revel in your success, and we're all on this site because we want every piece of information the minute it becomes available. Disappointments are inevitable during the application process, and I think (hope) we're all mature enough to expect that. My comment was meant to be a virtual, "Ah, what can you do!" shrug, not a song of mourning. In short, congratulations—and to the waiting masses, best of luck!

Yeah definitely, mine could totally be a glitch or something. I've still not received any kind of email or anything, just the letter under decision status.

Really didn't mean to upset anyone!

Haha, considering that I'm the system-glitch UVA acceptance who apologized to everyone last week, I have it on good authority to encourage that you ought to enjoy your acceptance and let the sad be damned (but not really, of course)!

Congrats!!

The UCLA English Department made their final decisions on Friday. Thirty-eight candidates were admitted, or roughly 10% of the applicant pool. Your electronic notifications are issued by grad division and will become accessible as grad division updates their system.

It is a tremendous program. For those of you lucky enough to be admitted: congratulations. For those who may be disappointed: all the best to you in your future endeavors.

The UCLA English Department made their final decisions on Friday. Thirty-eight candidates were admitted, or roughly 10% of the applicant pool. Your electronic notifications are issued by grad division and will become accessible as grad division updates their system.

It is a tremendous program. For those of you lucky enough to be admitted: congratulations. For those who may be disappointed: all the best to you in your future endeavors.

Interesting! Perhaps admissions committee members (or at least insiders) do read this forum...? This sounds rather official.

Also, wow! 10% seems quite high compared to other top programs. More power to 'em!

I will say that personally, I was not in that 10%, but it's okay. In retrospect I probably should not have applied; it was not a very good fit for me. Hooray for those of you who have been accepted! Good on ya :)

This post is really suspicious. 38 is an EXTREMELY high number, and the UCs don't admit people for whom they can't foot the bill. With the current budget crisis in California, I highly doubt that they basically doubled their admissions numbers. The fact that this poster is "anonymous," a member for just a matter of days, and only has this one post raises a lot of red flags. Only time will tell, but considering the budgetary issues the UC has been dealing with, I would take this poster's information with a grain of salt.

This post is really suspicious. 38 is an EXTREMELY high number, and the UCs don't admit people for whom they can't foot the bill. With the current budget crisis in California, I highly doubt that they basically doubled their admissions numbers. The fact that this poster is "anonymous," a member for just a matter of days, and only has this one post raises a lot of red flags. Only time will tell, but considering the budgetary issues the UC has been dealing with, I would take this poster's information with a grain of salt.

one reason the number might seem really high is that in the case top tier schools like UCLA, they're going to be admitting a lot of the same students harvard, yale, chicago, etc. are admitting. just like students cast a wide net applying, these universities are forced to do the same when admitting. they don't want to wait till people hem and haw till april trying to get more funding, then turn them down. they don't want to wind up with an entering class of 5 because they waited too long to make offers to candidates they really want. when contending with multiple funded, top tier offers, UCLA has to assume a lot of these students are going to decline.

also, the crisis in the UC system has not hit UCLA quite so hard.

to be clear though: i don't know where the anonymous poster got his/her info, and it could be totally off. but i'm not surprised that the number they may have accepted is a little over twice as high as the number that might wind up attending. but this is the internet and everything is suspect i suppose.

for those of you who have gotten your admitted/rejected status online, are you near the end or beginning of the alphabet? mine still says "no decision" but i'm at the very end of the alphabet and trying to glean whether they are going through the apps that way. thanks!

Re: W2010 Thanks! :)

Anyway, I just called UCLA. They said that they're still processing apps, and have not sent out all the emails for either admission or rejection and that it could take a few more days. GAH!

I just got my acceptance letter at around 1:30 Eastern, so they're definitely still notifying! Anyone going to the admitted student thingy?

Fingers crossed for those still waiting! By the way, my online decision status is still just "submitted," so they're all mixed up.