GPPI Scholarship Essay

"The first scholarship committee meeting is this coming Thursday, February 18. Please send your statement by 5:00 p.m., tomorrow, February 17 ... You will receive an e-mail update concerning your scholarship status by Friday, February 26."

A little more notice would have been nice. What if I hadn't checked my email? Also, some of us have jobs.

"The first scholarship committee meeting is this coming Thursday, February 18. Please send your statement by 5:00 p.m., tomorrow, February 17 ... You will receive an e-mail update concerning your scholarship status by Friday, February 26."

A little more notice would have been nice. What if I hadn't checked my email? Also, some of us have jobs.

I also got the email. It is short notice but it's only one page and their tuition is really high so I'll gladly write it tonight after I get home from work :)

Yeah, short notice. I called and they said that they might move the meeting back a week. I almost hope that they don't so I can just do this and not worry about it.

Hey if you guys dont mind me asking, when did you submit your original application?

That's really short notice! I submitted my app early but one of my recommenders didn't submit the letter until end of Jan. So I guess my package is still in the reviewing process... :(

May I ask if GPPI has an online submission page for scholarship essays, or you just email to a certain address? Thanks!

Hope I hear back from them soon!

That's really short notice! I submitted my app early but one of my recommenders didn't submit the letter until end of Jan. So I guess my package is still in the reviewing process... :(

May I ask if GPPI has an online submission page for scholarship essays, or you just email to a certain address? Thanks!

Hope I hear back from them soon!

Ouch, well I just wish I could be admitted. It is a bit depressing, however, to know that even if I am admitted now I won't be eligible for a scholarship. Congrats to all of those already selected!

Ouch, well I just wish I could be admitted. It is a bit depressing, however, to know that even if I am admitted now I won't be eligible for a scholarship. Congrats to all of those already selected!

I don't think this means we have no chance getting scholarships at all. The meeting on Thursday is only the first of its kind for scholarship decisions. We are at a slightly disadvantaged position, but cheer up, there is still hope! Best of luck!

I got the same email, and I almost palpitated when it said "Congrats on your acceptance. Unfortunately..." Then I chuckled when they mentioned the snow (which I am also still dealing with living in DC!).

I actually think it is a pretty shrewd move to require 24 hours to do the essay. One, they never said NOT doing it necessarily disqualifies one from receiving a scholarship. I suspect that those who do it may have an advantage, but I think it more likely it is to suss out who is more likely among those accepted to actually enroll there.

And as a practical matter, 24 hours to do a one page policy memo, for instance, would be considered pretty generous. Often in policy, you don't have the luxury of deep reflection. You need to get it done. This might be a way for them to see how well you respond to deadlines without a lot of hemming and hawing (and whining). I was happy to have the opportunity to really drive home why the program is good for me after spending months telling them in my application why I am good for them!

In a way, it shows me the seriousness of their process, and I like that. That said, it would be VERY hard to afford if they didn't give me any money, but I suppose we all cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yeah I got the same message, it was a little hectic because I had 3 other scholarship applications due the next day, and I waited till the last night to do it. So when I got that email at 5pm, I was like oh no!! I did finish them all, but this definitely added some stress. In the email they said they will let us know Feb. 26, do you think they will give the amount then or tell you whether we were selected or not? I am not sure. They are very quick.

Anyone hear anything? We are supposed to find out today?

I just got my scholarship offer email from Emmett Griffin a few minutes ago: $15,000 renewable for 2 years. I'm fairly pleased, but I keep remembering that tuition at GPPI is $37,000...

I just got my scholarship offer email from Emmett Griffin a few minutes ago: $15,000 renewable for 2 years. I'm fairly pleased, but I keep remembering that tuition at GPPI is $37,000...

lucky you! I only got 10k per year. Sort of feels like a drop in the bucket! Hopefully GSPP pulls through...

lucky you! I only got 10k per year. Sort of feels like a drop in the bucket! Hopefully GSPP pulls through...

10k for me too. It definitely feels like a drop in the bucket, considering total cost for one year is 60k (including room and board, fees, books, etc.) That's a total 100k for an MPP. Does anyone think it's worth it?

Same here... $10,000... Just got the email today. It will be $100,000 for the next 2 years. I dont think it's worth being a slave to the bank for the next 20 years.

10k for me too. It definitely feels like a drop in the bucket, considering total cost for one year is 60k (including room and board, fees, books, etc.) That's a total 100k for an MPP. Does anyone think it's worth it?