I hope this doesn't happen to any of us!

digits2006

I definitely had a dream about this recently... I received an email from my top choice school saying I'd been admitted, and right after I'd informed all my family members of the wonderful, exciting news I received a second email informing me of a huge mailing mistake, and notification that I'd actually been rejected. :blink: It would be TERRIBLE if something like that actually happened. I feel horrible for those international students who thought they were accepted. I, too, hope that nothing like that happens to anyone else!

@somethingelse how does that happened ?? i mean wouldnt they have noticed it when he register for his class ?? and I think honestly if that was the case and it was the university's fault, they should have accepted or compensated him for it.

@somethingelse how does that happened ?? i mean wouldnt they have noticed it when he register for his class ?? and I think honestly if that was the case and it was the university's fault, they should have accepted or compensated him for it.

He got accepted on some sort of special scholarship, moved into campus housing, and was told at some point that it was a huge mistake. I don't know the details... he went home and we attended community college together in the rural community were we lived. He was a great guy, very honest and high achieving, so I don't think it was some fault on his part and he was lying.

Edited by somethingelse

wow that sucks and here I am thinking, getting rejection letter is bad. imagine thinking u r getting accepted, goes to the school, and ended up being told that it was a mistake. I think that really the school should compensate the student for the mistake it made.