GRE Question

If I'm looking at a school who has an application deadline in mid December, when should I take and send in my GRE scores by?  I am planning on taking it the first time in mid September, but am trying to plan in case I need to take it twice.  If I take it the second time and send in my scores by November 1st do you think that will be enough time for the scores to get in on time?  Or should I try to do it by mid October?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Hi Med Speechie! I would advise that you take it in mid-October and do a crash course with Magoosh! Magoosh offers this deal I've seen that offers a refund if you don't improve 5 points from your first test, so it's a good guarantee and gives you a month to study with enough time to send in your results. Time is really of the essence with these applications, and you want them in and done as soon as possible. Your application being at the top of the pile could really help your chances versus being towards the end. 

I second what @joannly said about retaking it mid-October--if there's any problem with sending your scores (I've heard some of some people having problems with CSDCAS in the past), it'll give them more time to correct the mistake :) Best of luck with the GRE!