Info on UNC, UVA

wbts historian

Anyone received their financial offer from UVA? Hoping to hear very soon...

I spoke to my potential advisor last week, and he told me that it could take a couple more weeks until financial aid packages are all sorted out. Apparently the financial aid is distributed on a rolling basis.

I spoke to my potential advisor last week, and he told me that it could take a couple more weeks until financial aid packages are all sorted out. Apparently the financial aid is distributed on a rolling basis.

I've heard the same thing. It seemed like they were going to try and have it sorted out by April 15th.

I've heard the same thing. It seemed like they were going to try and have it sorted out by April 15th.

I sure hope so....I have another fully funded offer and will need to accept or decline it by then.

I got a three year fellowship offer from UVA but I'm most likely turning it down because my #1, Maryland, gave me 5 years and a lot lot more.

Even though this thread has been hijacked by my fellow soon-to-be Virginia-ites, I thought I should put a heads up about UNC here. I got a very thin rejection letter in the mail today from Chapel Hill, dated March 3rd. I sort of figured that I was getting rejected because of an advisor issue (like the two faculty members I wanted to work with weren't planning on taking on students this year), but seriously, I sort of wish the rejection letter could at least have some color ink and the feeling that it wasn't simply printed out of an inkjet printer and put an envelope- not even a signature.