ECE@ UT Austin Biomedical and Computer Engineering tracks admits

jaya2008

• 3 weeks later...

Whats going on? Nobody with admits from UT Austin ECE :blink: ? At least someone who got admits previous years for this program, when we can hear accepts and rejections???????

I'm still waiting as well, I work at a UT research lab and one of my coworkers said he got his acceptance around 2-3rd week of march.

Do you know how many new PhD intakes at the ECE this year? and for the Biomedical track? I heard CS sent out 90 acceptance and waiting for 30 seats to be filled. Do you mind sharing a brief profile of yours? I'm having some trouble with the GRE verbal which is just 350. I'm not sure whether this is enough to pass the initial weeding????

My profile.

MS from local US University GPA 3.83

BS international GPA 3.70

2 IEEE journals in review

5 conference papers

GRE: 350v, 760q, 3.5aw

any ideas how crucial my verbal for the ECE admissions?

I already contacted a professor at the Biomedical track and he wants to talk to me about my research but after the decision from the adcomm. But, I'm not sure how the adcomms look at my verbal compared to other stellar profiles............

Just talked to the admission office for ECE they said my application was still out with the committee, should hear back within a couple of days, the 22nd being the latest. I guess no news is good news right now, haven't been weeded out yet I guess.

I saw two visits from UT Austin on my personal web. Not sure whether the committee or someone else (last friday). This going to be my last hope. I have to ended up at UTSA otherwise....... :unsure:

nobody knows how many intakes this year at UT Austin ECE?

Edited by jaya2008

March 23rd fast approaching. Anybody heard anything after March 6th? I saw few rejections on the results page on March 6th saying rejected via web. About 3-4 people including 1 MS. Not sure which track. This is the 3rd week, I'm so nervous, its going to be another rejection after a wave of rejections last few days...... :blink:

Edited by jaya2008

Another wave of rejections on the result page!!! I guess UT Austin is having some rolling admission/rejection process. I'm curious when they are gonna send all the rejections. I feel its better if they can just accept whoever and then send all the rejections at once like how UT Austin CS and other top schools like stanford, MIT etc did. This waiting game is killing me, and all the hopes are gone by now.............UTSA, here I come.........

Edited by jaya2008

Another wave of rejections on the result page!!! I guess UT Austin is having some rolling admission/rejection process. I'm curious when they are gonna send all the rejections. I feel its better if they can just accept whoever and then send all the rejections at once like how UT Austin CS and other top schools like stanford, MIT etc did. This waiting game is killing me, and all the hopes are gone by now.............UTSA, here I come.........

Well, with any luck we will hear soon. I just want to know so I can make a decision on committing to this fellowship from VT... 27k a year is a lot but UT and Michigan are superior programs....