UNM , CCA or UW

intelly

They want me to visit easter weekend, but they didnt say anything about paying for the flights. Did you hear something about flights getting paid for?

I havent heard anything about flights being covered and my guess is that they are NOT. But the hotel is news to me

I interviewed with CCA, my focus is drawing and painting, but haven't heard anything from them since the interview. Like others I logged into the web advisor thing and it said that I had been admitted. I'm a bit confused, did other people receive email notifications? mnchick and michaelwebster how did you hear about them wanting people to visit? I emailed them last week and all they told me was that the web advisor was correct and that they would be sending out packet this week.

I was called by my interviewer on Monday, but that was for social practice, they only usually take 5 people. Painting is probably a little bigger program, maybe they dont call.

as far as a hotel goes, Ted Purves emailed me some answers and basically said no hotel room or flights paid for.

I interviewed with CCA, my focus is drawing and painting, but haven't heard anything from them since the interview. Like others I logged into the web advisor thing and it said that I had been admitted. I'm a bit confused, did other people receive email notifications? mnchick and michaelwebster how did you hear about them wanting people to visit? I emailed them last week and all they told me was that the web advisor was correct and that they would be sending out packet this week.

The director of the MFA program called me 2 weeks after my interview and congratulated me and told me that they were having an open house for the graduated students who were granted admissions the weekend of april 4 and such.

i heard back from the University of Washington today.... no dice

i applied for MFA in Industrial Design, which only admits 2-3 people per year.

Edited by Brunt

Thank you! I hope it is for real! I have had three straight rejections so far, including one today from CalArts.

Search your inbox for "CCA application received" or for "webadvisor". There should be a login and password to get into webadvisor from the confirmation email when you submitted your application.

hello, i'm new here.

i've been accepted to cca in painting, though haven't heard anything about funding...

i've also done interviews with yale, risd, and saic, though no final decisions yet.

i also have applied to ucla and calarts, but haven't heard a peep. no interview, but no rejections either--so it feels weird, as it seems as though some people have already been rejected at those schools. how did you hear that calarts wasn't going to take you?

hello, i'm new here.

i've been accepted to cca in painting, though haven't heard anything about funding...

i've also done interviews with yale, risd, and saic, though no final decisions yet.

i also have applied to ucla and calarts, but haven't heard a peep. no interview, but no rejections either--so it feels weird, as it seems as though some people have already been rejected at those schools. how did you hear that calarts wasn't going to take you?

congrats on CCA! Are you going to attend their open house on the 4th?

congrats on CCA! Are you going to attend their open house on the 4th?

thanks. i already checked them out a couple of weeks ago, so no i won't be heading back for their open house. the program seems pretty cool, in the sense that people are down to earth and the bay area is great in terms of quality of life. --plus oakland is cheap for big live/work spaces and unfolding a little artist community in it's own right that might develop into something--who knows? the studios at cca are tiny though, and you don't get a door, just a curtain. the fact that anybody can just pull your little curtain back and walk in on you at any time could i think drive me nuts in a hurry.

are you heading to cca's open house? what department would you be in?

i'm still waiting to hear from ucla and calarts. calarts does interviews (but not for me...) and so i'm assuming that's a rejection. ucla though, i don't know. some people on here have said that they've already been rejected, but i haven't heard anybody say they've been accepted. kind of weird. i've heard its a black hole though, in the sense that nobody gets in that doesn't already know they're going to get in before they even apply...

thanks. i already checked them out a couple of weeks ago, so no i won't be heading back for their open house. the program seems pretty cool, in the sense that people are down to earth and the bay area is great in terms of quality of life. --plus oakland is cheap for big live/work spaces and unfolding a little artist community in it's own right that might develop into something--who knows? the studios at cca are tiny though, and you don't get a door, just a curtain. the fact that anybody can just pull your little curtain back and walk in on you at any time could i think drive me nuts in a hurry.

are you heading to cca's open house? what department would you be in?

i'm still waiting to hear from ucla and calarts. calarts does interviews (but not for me...) and so i'm assuming that's a rejection. ucla though, i don't know. some people on here have said that they've already been rejected, but i haven't heard anybody say they've been accepted. kind of weird. i've heard its a black hole though, in the sense that nobody gets in that doesn't already know they're going to get in before they even apply...

Im going for painting. Yeah im going to the open house. Hmm good to know about the studios but also good to know about the area. I am really feeling the west coast esp SF. Prior to this I was pretty set on the EAST coast but I am changing my mind now(or it was changed for me since I havent got in anywhere in the east)...