Need advice

Moghi

Hi everybody,

I'm relieved because I got my first admit today (in Civil engineering at UIUC), however I see new problems coming.

I only applied to top universities. This admit is my first result (a very tempting one) and I have to accept or refuse it by march, 21st.

However, I'm not sure I will have all my results for the other universities by that date.

What should I do ?

Note : no funding for UIUC.

Congratulations on your acceptance! The two practical things to do now are - ask UIUC for an extension on the decision, and wait until the last minute and see where you stand then. You still have a month before you have to decide, and you'll probably be able to make a more informed decision then than you can now. In the meantime, try and get a clear picture of what your life will look like if you accept the offer - how much are living expenses and tuition, what kind of loans can you take, what are starting salaries of recent UIUC graduates (=how long will it take you to repay the loans). Decide if it's worth it going into however much debt you will need for the degree and job options they will get you in return.

@ fuzzylogician : thank you for your advice. I contacted them and they were very kind.

hey moghi congrats on ur admit...

even i have applied MS Civil Engineering at UIUC

Can u lemme knw how did u get ur admit via email or status Check?

Whts ur profile...gre?gpa?etc

Wht r u specializing in?

thx

Thanks. They contacted me via e-mail. I'm specializing in Project Management.

Profile : International student with good gre. GPA is difficult to evaluate.