UT Austin

I was going to ask about this, too. I think they are doing notifications in rounds, possibly by field. So I'd be really very curious to know the field of both acceptees and those rejected, if possible! I'm currently in Austin visiting a friend and was really hoping I'd know by the time I left, but alas! not meant to be. Still, the deets from those who do know would be welcome and appreciated!

(And congrats to the acceptances! Austin is a lovely, fun city.)

Edited by intextrovert

I decided to just go ahead and send an email to ask about this directly. When I get a response, I'll post it here so that we all can know what the situation is. Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted, and good luck to those of us still waiting!

R

I just got a response to my email. They said that they have only sent out a small portion of their responses so far, and that they'd send out a few more today. They said they'd try to have all of their responses sent by the end of this week.

R

I just got a response to my email. They said that they have only sent out a small portion of their responses so far, and that they'd send out a few more today. They said they'd try to have all of their responses sent by the end of this week.

R

Thanks! I applied to the Rhet/Comp program, so i assume this should apply to that as well. Hopefully

Thanks! I applied to the Rhet/Comp program, so i assume this should apply to that as well. Hopefully

Yeah, I assume that it applies to you as well. I applied to the Digital Literatures and Literacies program, but there was no mention of specific specializations in the response.

R

Yesterday seemed to be a day of adding to the wait list, today seems to be a day of rejections. I was hoping for an email today, but I sort of hope I don't get one now! Maybe the rest of the acceptances will go out later... or maybe they're just going through one person at a time, regardless of the decision. Who knows, but I'm nervous again.

Yesterday seemed to be a day of adding to the wait list, today seems to be a day of rejections. I was hoping for an email today, but I sort of hope I don't get one now! Maybe the rest of the acceptances will go out later... or maybe they're just going through one person at a time, regardless of the decision. Who knows, but I'm nervous again.

Let's both pretend that they're sending out acceptances last. That'll make us both feel better :)

R

Let's both pretend that they're sending out acceptances last. That'll make us both feel better :)

R

Well, their graduate coordinator did tell me on Friday (via email) that they still had acceptances to send out. Since there have been no acceptances posted since last week, it is quite possible. ;)

Well, their graduate coordinator did tell me on Friday (via email) that they still had acceptances to send out. Since there have been no acceptances posted since last week, it is quite possible. ;)

Well, hopefully we'll be meeting to discuss this in Austin in August sometime :)

R

Well, hopefully we'll be meeting to discuss this in Austin in August sometime :)

R

Not going to happen, unfortunately. Received my official rejection notice today. I'm 0/5 now, and I'm starting to get really, really worried. I've still got 9 applications out there, but I'm pretty sure I have NO chance at 3-4 of them, at least. Looks like this could be a long year for me... :(

Not going to happen, unfortunately. Received my official rejection notice today. I'm 0/5 now, and I'm starting to get really, really worried. I've still got 9 applications out there, but I'm pretty sure I have NO chance at 3-4 of them, at least. Looks like this could be a long year for me... :(

I got my rejection today too. I'm pretty disappointed, but what can you do, eh? Good luck with your other applications. I'm sure you'll get in.

R