Any feedback is greatly appreciated:

Undergrad Institution: Large public research university

Major(s): Stats and Finance dual major

GPA: 3.99

GRE General Test:

Q: 169

V: 163

W: 4.0

Work experience: data analyst for a startup for a year; teaching assistant for two semesters for calculus

Letters of Recommendation: 3 strong letters from statistics/math professors

Programs Considering:

UMichigan, UNC, NC State, Northwestern, UWisconsin-Madison, Iowa State

Concerns:

I have an intro to proofs course but no classical real analysis course. No real research experience either

I'm trying to get an idea of what schools are in my range. Very worried about not getting accepted to any of my choices

• 4 weeks later...

Given your strong GPA and GRE, you might have some shot at some 20-30 range, where they do not put strong emphasize on real analysis. You have the chance to take real analysis during the first year of phd if you are admitted. However, admissions for top schools are competitive, and many applicants have more than one real analysis courses. So, in terms of your math background, you are way behind them. Combining the fact that you have no research experience, it is going to be tough to get into top schools. I suggest you taking an extra year to make up your real analysis courses and gain relevant research experience, and you will be in a much better shape next year.