Fall 2018 Community Psychology Applicants (MA/PhD)

pnguyen540

I have noticed that there was not many threads or discussions about community psychology (not to confuse with clinical-community psychology). So, I would like to meet people who share the same interest, and perhaps, we can learn a thing or two about each other.

Program of interest: Community Psychology

Research interest: domestic violence and sexual assault

Schools: Michigan State U, Georgia State U, Portland State U, CSUF and CSULB 

Number one worry about applying: My GRE verbal prep is below average although I have been prepping for two years, trying to squeeze every bit of words into my head. I am going to take it today and will edit the post to reflect the most current scores.

Not worried about: Research experience, LOR, SOP; basically, everything else but the GRE Verbal)

If you share the same research interest, maybe we could consider doing a joint study someday. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/25/2017 at 1:24 PM, pnguyen540 said:

I have noticed that there was not many threads or discussions about community psychology (not to confuse with clinical-community psychology). So, I would like to meet people who share the same interest, and perhaps, we can learn a thing or two about each other.

Program of interest: Community Psychology

Research interest: domestic violence and sexual assault

Schools: Michigan State U, Georgia State U, Portland State U, CSUF and CSULB 

Number one worry about applying: My GRE verbal prep is below average although I have been prepping for two years, trying to squeeze every bit of words into my head. I am going to take it today and will edit the post to reflect the most current scores.

Not worried about: Research experience, LOR, SOP; basically, everything else but the GRE Verbal)

If you share the same research interest, maybe we could consider doing a joint study someday. 

Hi!

I just came across your thread. I just was accepted into an MA program in community psychology. Not a lot of people know about the field, so it's nice to talk to people that have similar interests! My interest is in youth prevention programs. I currently work in teen pregnancy prevention. How did you learn about community psych?

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 5:31 PM, motor_ed said:

Hi!

I just came across your thread. I just was accepted into an MA program in community psychology. Not a lot of people know about the field, so it's nice to talk to people that have similar interests! My interest is in youth prevention programs. I currently work in teen pregnancy prevention. How did you learn about community psych?

A little late response, but still better than none :) I learned about com psych in 2015 when I interned at a research lab. My interest lies on intimate partner violence in specific, and gender based violence in general. Glad to hear from you!