any news from princeton?

ornithology

i was told on a previous interview with UVA that princeton's french department had already sent out invites for an on campus interview....i thought i was out of the running. but i just saw that someone had a phone interview with the french department.

so.....can anyone clarify this? were just a few top candidates invited to come in person? are they still offering invitations?

i think it was fake. i know for a fact (a colleague of mine was invited) that princeton had its interview weekend last week. i don't see why they would be calling up more people---unless they only invited three or four favorite candidates to woo them?

i think it was fake. i know for a fact (a colleague of mine was invited) that princeton had its interview weekend last week. i don't see why they would be calling up more people---unless they only invited three or four favorite candidates to woo them?

I posted that notification. I was not invited to the Princeton weekend ( I had no idea there was any weekend..).

I have absolutely no idea why they contacted me now, maybe it's because I am an international applicant, or I am waitlisted or whatever. In the email requesting the phone interview I was asked whether I will be arriving in the states in the next few weeks and if so to let them know.

I'll let you know if I’ll have any more information after the interview tomorrow.

As I promised, some updates about Princeton.

I was interviewed by the director of Graduate Studies, my potential advisor and the professor in charge of the language courses. The Director of graduate studies told me that they are currently at the process of reviewing the applications. They are ranking their candidates and also creating a waitlist. They still don’t know how many offers they will be able to make this year. They should know after their meeting with the dean of Graduate Studies at the beginning of March. So it will still take a few weeks before the responses are sent out.