Mention citizenship on CV

Hi all,

I am a Canadian permanent resident and am applying for PhD in the US right now. I will also apply for Canadian citizenship next year.

Is it a good idea to include these information (especially applying for Canadian citizenship very soon) on my CV? Because normally Canadians will have an advantage over other international students in PhD admission in the States.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, willw said:

Because normally Canadians will have an advantage over other international students in PhD admission in the States.

In which way? 

My straightforward answer is no. There is no reason for you to do that, it will look weird. If the AdComm uses your citizenship for admissions, they'll require this information elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, AP said:

In which way? 

My straightforward answer is no. There is no reason for you to do that, it will look weird. If the AdComm uses your citizenship for admissions, they'll require this information elsewhere. 

Thanks for the advice.

My impression is that Canadians have more flexibility in terms of funding eligibility compared to other internationals. 

The application asks for citizenship for sure, but they will have no idea that I am applying for Canadian citizenship if I don't mention it...

1 hour ago, willw said:

Thanks for the advice.

My impression is that Canadians have more flexibility in terms of funding eligibility compared to other internationals. 

No, this is not true. As a Canadian, I had no extra access to US-based funding when I was in the US, except for the fact that I could access Canadian government funding (however, other international students could potentially access their own country's funding either).