SLP GRAD PROGRAMS IN TRI-STATE AREA

amandagang

Hi, everyone!!

I'm currently in the process of applying to graduate programs in the tri-state area for speech-language pathology. My GPA is a 3.8 and I am taking the GRE on Monday, but on a practice test, I scored embarrassingly low. I got a 145 on the verbal and a 140 on quant. I really have not had time to study between school and work, so I wanted to know how heavily weighted the GRE is. I am heavily involved on campus. Just to list some of my involvement: school newspaper editor, commuter student mentor,  professor's assistant, member of a club for children with autism, national student speech-language-hearing association, sorority member, member of several academic honors societies, and I just got involved in one of my professor's research. I've also completed my 25 hours of observation with a licensed SLP and I have had one internship with a healthcare company. Basically, I want to know what you think my chances are of admittance. I really want to be a speech-language pathologist and I will be extremely heartbroken if I'm not accepted. 

I plan on applying to:

Kean University 

Emerson College

NYU (that's a total reach)

Monmouth University 

Hunter College 

Seton Hall 

**I wanted to know if there are any schools that don't really look at the GRE. Please make suggestions! I would really appreciate feedback. Thank you!!

CMU doesn't put a big emphasis on the GRE. They say that they do, but I go there and they said they use it as a final decision if need be. However, I will say that they tend to take their students over another. Worth a shot though! Hope this helps.

Also, you're resume looks AWESOME!

Good luck!