Teachers College Arthur Zankel Urban Fellowship

Angelicasassy

I applied without knowing...I really felt like I didn't have enough time to develop my statement, but oh well. I have bigger things to worry about...like if I actually got accepted.

I also applied without knowing (I'm waiting for Higher Ed. too!). I can't wait to hear back! At least it should be soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I wasn't going to apply because it was a mass email but decided I had nothing to lose. I really really want to know something from someone, well I want to know everything from everyone right now; so I just know. lol.

I got a call from Zankel 1200 people applied. I am confused if the man on the phone said I got the award or not but he said that there is a selection process where they chose 160 applications from the 1200 and sent them off to the prespective slot holder (math buddies, reading buddies, Student press...) and from that they have a number of spots to fill. Mine was from Student Press and he said they chose 10 people...But he said everyone will find out in two weeks..GOOD LUCK!

I got a call from Zankel 1200 people applied. I am confused if the man on the phone said I got the award or not but he said that there is a selection process where they chose 160 applications from the 1200 and sent them off to the prespective slot holder (math buddies, reading buddies, Student press...) and from that they have a number of spots to fill. Mine was from Student Press and he said they chose 10 people...But he said everyone will find out in two weeks..GOOD LUCK!

So do you know if you had an interview because you were one of the people they put on a final list? Which program did you specify? I wonder if we'd be eligible for one of the programs we didn't specify if we get passed over by our preference.

So do you know if you had an interview because you were one of the people they put on a final list? Which program did you specify? I wonder if we'd be eligible for one of the programs we didn't specify if we get passed over by our preference.

They called because I was a finalist in the Student Press Initiative Program, but he said that they still might not get me if someone else wants me or anyone for that matter. I am not sure if they interviewed everyone.