2018 Writing Samples

What is everyone using for their writing sample?

I am applying to a mixture of rhet/comp MAs and general English MAs; I'm leaning towards using an 11 page literary analysis of three different interpretations of The Turn of the Screw, and possibly adding a shorter rhetorical analysis to the rhet programs.

Would anyone be interested in an exchange?

Hi! I'd be super down to swap - would you want to pick a date (maybe in a week or so) at which point we can exchange what we've got? 

As a lit person, I'm editing/rewriting a graduate seminar paper on two contemporary Caribbean novels (by the same author) that address white Creole anxiety, history, and Carnival. I've got some good feedback from profs on it, but I'd love a second pair of eyes to catch wonky sentences/spots needing clarification as I expand it from 12-18 pages. 

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to swap! 

57 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

Hi! I'd be super down to swap - would you want to pick a date (maybe in a week or so) at which point we can exchange what we've got? 

As a lit person, I'm editing/rewriting a graduate seminar paper on two contemporary Caribbean novels (by the same author) that address white Creole anxiety, history, and Carnival. I've got some good feedback from profs on it, but I'd love a second pair of eyes to catch wonky sentences/spots needing clarification as I expand it from 12-18 pages. 

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to swap! 

Coming your way!