Re-applying: Old Application Questions?

Hey all! I'm applying for round two this year. I actually was accepted (and accepted my offer) to a school last year, but had to defer due to family circumstances. They promised to hold my spot, but couldn't guarantee my scholarship, and I can't go to this school without the scholarship.

So, just in case, I'm reapplying to a few schools I was accepted to the first time around that I know I can afford. Does anyone know if admissions committees will look at my old application and compare Statements of Purpose (for example), or care about my first application at all? Or will it be considered independently?

I've updated my statement of purpose, but didn't really want to completely do it over. Any insight on how admissions committees consider reapplicants (whether or not they were accepted previously)?

I've reapplied to schools multiple times in different cycles and I don't believe they keep you're materials from the year before. I just tried to either switch up my recommenders writing letters for me, tweaking my letter of intent to make improvements from the year before and become involved with more activities related to SLP.