Which GRE score should be submitted?

tntnus

I have taken GRE twice and I would like to have advices on which score I should use. Also, for the schools that GRE is optional and could be used to "fill the educational gap", should I submit my GRE? The score is listed below:

1st: Q: 170 (97%), V:152 (56%), W: 3.5 (42%)
2nd: Q: 170 (97%), V: 150 (48%), W: 4.0 (60%)

Thank you!

8 hours ago, tntnus said:

I have taken GRE twice and I would like to have advices on which score I should use. Also, for the schools that GRE is optional and could be used to "fill the educational gap", should I submit my GRE? The score is listed below:

1st: Q: 170 (97%), V:152 (56%), W: 3.5 (42%)
2nd: Q: 170 (97%), V: 150 (48%), W: 4.0 (60%)

Thank you!

My scores had a similar pattern when I retook. My AW section stayed the same, V one went down 1 point and Q went up 2 points. 

I have routinely sent in both scores to all schools I applied to, I don't see why you wouldn't do the same? It costs the same amount either way. My thought process was that they'd look at all my higher sections and see what my "potential" was, even if those higher sections were across two different testing dates. (I'm not sure if that's what they really do, but it's what I'd hope for).  

Also, I think you Q score is a really big plus, even if you don't have an educational gap to fill. Sending in your scores could only help since it's optional. 

2 hours ago, AspiringGC said:

My scores had a similar pattern when I retook. My AW section stayed the same, V one went down 1 point and Q went up 2 points. 

I have routinely sent in both scores to all schools I applied to, I don't see why you wouldn't do the same? It costs the same amount either way. My thought process was that they'd look at all my higher sections and see what my "potential" was, even if those higher sections were across two different testing dates. (I'm not sure if that's what they really do, but it's what I'd hope for).  

Also, I think you Q score is a really big plus, even if you don't have an educational gap to fill. Sending in your scores could only help since it's optional. 

Thanks so much for the advice.

I'm asking because some schools told me that if I sent more than 1 score, they would take the latest. 

Anw, I'll just send both as you suggested.