Send all GRE scores or only one?

amesnier

Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice regarding GRE score submissions.

I've taken the exam twice and received the following scores:

V: 165, 96%   Q: 170, 97%   AW: 3.0, 18%

V: 168, 98%   Q: 168, 94%   AW: 4.0, 60%

I am applying to top Materials Science and Engineering Ph.D. programs. I am definitely submitting the test with the AW score of 4.0, since a 3.0 is said to be below many program's hard cutoff. My concern is whether to submit the first exam along with it. The only reason I am considering submitting the first one is because of the Quant score, which is the most important for these programs, but I am unsure whether that tiny increase is worth the lower Verbal and AW scores.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi amesnier and everyone else,

I'm in a similar situation. I'm applying to top computational neuroscience and bioengineering PhD programs.

My scores are:

V: 165, 96%   Q: 169, 96%   AW: 4.0, 60% (2017)

V: 158, 80%   Q:  163, 84%   AW: 5.0, 93% (2014)

I'm obviously submitting the 2017. The question is whether to also show them a AW of 5.0.

I think in your case, there's no need to show then Q: 170 > 168 at the cost of AW: 3.0 but I'm not sure. Arggg ... it's a tricky bit of business :/ It could very from individual reader to individual reader. Some people prefer consistency, others prefer highest potential.

Edited by QuantumQualia