Audiology Admissions

SouthernAudiology

Question

I'm in need of some advice, and help deciding if I should apply for Audiology school this coming Fall 2018. I have a 3.3 GPA, a 289 GRE score with a 3.5 writing score. My GRE score is with the help of magoosh, and it went down my 2nd try, should I try to squeeze in another try before applications are due? All of my schools require a 290. I feel like I have a solid resume and letter of intent, and will have great letters of rec as well. My GPA and GRE scores are most definitely holding me back.. any advice? I want to apply to South Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Memphis, East Tennessee, and Southern Miss. 

HONEST advice is welcome and encouraged. 

4 answers to this question

I am in the same boat, i have a low gre score and gpa as well.  I didnt even retake the gre because I felt it wasn't going to help me in the long run.  I have applied to seven schools which i am very nervous to hear from.  I applied to UC, OU, UNC-Chapel Hill, ECU, USF, University of Florida, and Nova Southeastern University.

On 1/16/2018 at 12:11 PM, KGross12 said:

I am in the same boat, i have a low gre score and gpa as well.  I didnt even retake the gre because I felt it wasn't going to help me in the long run.  I have applied to seven schools which i am very nervous to hear from.  I applied to UC, OU, UNC-Chapel Hill, ECU, USF, University of Florida, and Nova Southeastern University.

Yeah I'm on the same boat with the low GPA and low GRE scores :/ 

OP dont let your low stats stop you from applying, just go ahead and do it and see what happens you might surprise yourself. 

Edited by frequency