School "cutoffs"

TammyTams

So the program I am most interested in states on their "Criteria for Applicants" page that they are willing to overlook their GRE "requirement for at least 40% minimum" if an applicant is exceptional in other areas. This is for a Counseling-Clinical Psych program and luckily I've been working as a therapist and have research experience, a great GPA and (hopefully) great LORs. But, as someone with super low Q scores and V & A scores that meet the minimum or close, I'm nervous. Mainly because the Graduate department website states you MUST meet their minimum of 40%, unless the program requires a portfolio or something else in place. I feel like I received two different answers in regards to GRE scores. Does this mean anything or am I staring at website too hard? Also, I noticed one poster suggesting that funding and GRE scores were correlated. Is this true (I'm prob on the wrong page for this)???

• 1 month later...