Masters degree backup?

gammagoblin

Hello there. I applied to 10 phd programs in social/experimental psychology and I was wondering if I should apply to a masters degree program as a backup before the deadline (March 1st for financial aid I believe). I haven't applied to one so far because it is so difficult to get funding for a masters program in psychology and I already spent so much money/time on my applications. I am worried because I was never a research assistant as an undergraduate (we don't have them at my tiny school). My GPA is around a 3.96 and my GRE scores are competitive in my mind (740 Q, 730 V, 5 A, and 99th percentile for the subject GRE). I am doing a combined senior/honors thesis this year so I do have some research experience and I completed a summer internship in psychometrics. Anyone in the same boat or have any advice? Thanks a bunch!

• 4 weeks later...

My background is nearly the same as yours, and I also didnot choose a master degree as my back-up application. With a decent GMat score and little intern experience I am aimed to enter a PhD finance program, after sharing your anxiety, I just wanna say God bless us, convince yourself first and hope for the best, prepare for the worst. good luck guy !