Low GRE Scores for MPH

JDG0895

My GRE scores are pretty low, and in my SOPHAS app and personal statement, I didn't explain or mention why I have low scores. The reason for that is because there isn't a specific reason why I did terrible. I studied for months and was getting okay scores on the practice tests but when I really went in for the real deal, I did really bad, and I retook the GRE and did even worse. The only reason I can think of is that I'm a bad standardized test-taker. I did really bad on the SATs as well but still got accepted into UCLA and did fairly well.

My  question is should I email the admissions addressing my low GRE scores (145 V, 148 Q)? I'm seriously considering directly emailing the admissions that despite my low test scores, I have the capability to succeed in graduate courses, and then I planned on giving them examples of grad school level classes that I took and was successful in my undergrad. I was also going to mention how the SATs didn't indicate my ability to succeed in undergrad, and highlight my upward GPA trend. At the same time, I don't want to come across as desperate or trying to make excuses for my poor performance on the GRE.