Confirmation Statement for TU Delft

Conundrum_95

Got an email with a decision letter saying I've been accepted for a Mech Engg. Master (F18). The letter says that a 'Confirmation Statement needs to be submitted within 4 weeks' but the fee payment deadline is July 1st. 

Does submitting the confirmation statement mean a definite commitment? Also, does this affect the scholarship decision? (applied for the Excellence Scholarship)

TIA  

18 minutes ago, Conundrum_95 said:

Got an email with a decision letter saying I've been accepted for a Mech Engg. Master (F18). The letter says that a 'Confirmation Statement needs to be submitted within 4 weeks' but the fee payment deadline is July 1st. 

Does submitting the confirmation statement mean a definite commitment? Also, does this affect the scholarship decision? (applied for the Excellence Scholarship)

TIA  

For TU Delft, a confirmation statement does mean a commitment.  They need it early to start working on a Visa and to find international student housing accommodations. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, khigh said:

For TU Delft, a confirmation statement does mean a commitment.  They need it early to start working on a Visa and to find international student housing accommodations. 

It says that the confirmation statement should be preferably submitted within 4 weeks (which is around 12th Jan for me), which is pretty early to make a decision. I am waiting for decisions from US universities. 

I wanted to know if its safe to wait beyond the 4 weeks mentioned before accepting.

Send them an email or call. I know the VU and UVA (mainly because of housing) wanted very early decisions, but Radboud, Leiden, and Groningen could wait until June. 

If you go to delft, make a point to explore the Netherlands. Zij is een moogelijk land!