Transferring Ph.D program

Mohammed Abdullah

Question

I faced a bad situation with my advisor he is very negative and has bad behavior and many students leave his lab. I applied to another schools I had a master degree so I asked my previous people who I worked with to provide me with recommendation. 

I have publications from my master and also poster presentation. I asked the committee to change my advisor but they refused my petition. 

I may ask a professor that I took his course to provide me with a recommendation I am worried if he will reveal my request to the committee or keep confidential. 

I am international student. I couldn’t take the risk.

3 answers to this question

Maybe you could explain to the professor you're thinking of asking for a recommendation that your situation with your advisor isn't working out well, and ask him for advice? Perhaps this would give you a better idea of whether or not he would keep your request confidential. If there are other graduate students in the department whom you trust, maybe you could also ask them for advice on how the professor you're thinking of talking with might respond.