admitted to SAIS but can’t pay

maripsv

Hi guys!

I applied to SAIS Bologna Early Notification and just got my letter of admittance today. I am still in shock, because although it is my dream school, I had never thought I would get in (come directly from undergrad, speak 3 languages, from a mediocre school, have an average GPA, but 3 yrs of work experience - not in IR, but Wealth Management).

Hadn’t applied for financial aid yet, but also received €20k on tuition in the first year and $12k for the second year. 

Now I’m going crazy looking for financial aid everywhere, but I’m from Brazil so I don’t really fit into the US citizenship eligibility and my campus isn’t even in the US. 

So I ask two things:

1) Does anyone know any fellowships I can apply to? (Have exhausted SAIS’ lists)

2) Is it worth it to get a student loan? I already owe 10,000€ from undergrad and SAIS is reallllly expensive. I come from a poor family really (my dad is an Uber driver and my mom is unemployed), therefore I have literally zero money to pay for anything, not even living costs. SAIS estimates are spendings of 55,000€ per academic year (so, with my scholarship, I’d still need 25,000€, not to mention the second year). Is it THAT easy to find a good job after SAIS that can pay for this expensive education?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...