Grad school funding

masterstobe

Looking for ways to fund my grad school education. I have a 12 hour grad certificate in international Affairs.

Im an army reservist, and have exhausted most of my GI Bill, so I need something to bridge the gap. I do not qualify for yellow ribbon.

I have about $40k in student loans and don’t really want another $30k loans. 

Im employed full time, current employer has tuition reimbursement but requires I stay for a specific amount of time, and I have to get a degree in a related field, but I don’t plan to stay and am using this graduate school opportunity to change career fields.

Looking to study international affairs or something similar in a masters program. How do you all find these masters programs? I am looking at doing my Masters online.

Aside from sifting through the entire government Education listings of accredited degrees to see if they have an online program, I usually use gradschools.com to find online programs - looking up International Relations brought up these results: https://www.gradschools.com/programs/international-relations and it'll tell you which ones are online. (I believe some of the German degrees may offer their program in English and if I remember correctly, Germany does not charge tuition even for International Students - there will probably be some fees but nowhere near as much as American schools). Then you can see if they offering funding/what funding they offer to their online students and how you apply for the funding when you're applying for the program. I didn't have tuition reimbursement for my place of work (even though I'm working in my field), but I applied to every scholarship I could find that I qualified for and I got one through the Mensa Foundation, which does offer some non-Member scholarships. I always applied for scholarships through my university first, then I check for grants, scholarships, Fellowships, etc through sites that list things like that, especially for graduate/adult students (I'm 28 so a lot of the scholarships I found in books / on FastWeb I don't qualify for had a cut off at age 25). Basically, try to give yourself a schedule and goal of applications like 2 easy scholarships and 1 long scholarship a day or 10 scholarship applications a week and try to keep up with it. I was at 75 applications before I got my Mensa scholarship, so you have to be really persistent and not get discouraged. I'll be starting my next round of these soon, myself. Good luck!