On 1/1/2018 at 7:10 PM, vinesforwalls said:

Thank you! Do you have any advice for those who have applied and hopefully receive an invitation for the interview and writing test? :)

My interview was incredibly informal. It was more like a conversation about what I wanted to do as a journalist and why I wanted to attend Berkeley. Just be relaxed and have fun with it.

As for the writing test, make sure you're caught up on the big news over the last year. You'll be asked to give written responses to two questions in 30 mins. I think everyone has a different way of handling the time crunch, but make sure you leave a minute for each question to do editing.

Good luck!

On 1/4/2018 at 8:33 AM, calreporter said:

My interview was incredibly informal. It was more like a conversation about what I wanted to do as a journalist and why I wanted to attend Berkeley. Just be relaxed and have fun with it.

As for the writing test, make sure you're caught up on the big news over the last year. You'll be asked to give written responses to two questions in 30 mins. I think everyone has a different way of handling the time crunch, but make sure you leave a minute for each question to do editing.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Had my interview this past weekend. It was relaxed. Very conversational interview, I definitely felt my interviewer was supporting my ambitions to go to Berkeley and was not there just to weed out weak applications. It didn't feel like I was in the hot seat.

The test was one journalism-related, timed essay question.

10 hours ago, vinesforwalls said:

Congrats! That must feel like such a relief. What topics did you discuss, if you don't mind sharing?

Oh sure, for the interview part there are five or six simple questions like Why us or Why Journalism, make sure you express yourself, that would be enough. 

For the writing test, there's one question in 20 mins to finish, make sure you have opinions and views to comment about the big news happened last year and treat yourself as someone in the newsroom. It's simple so please be confident. :)

Good luck! 

On 1/15/2018 at 8:11 PM, MiaLi said:

Oh sure, for the interview part there are five or six simple questions like Why us or Why Journalism, make sure you express yourself, that would be enough. 

For the writing test, there's one question in 20 mins to finish, make sure you have opinions and views to comment about the big news happened last year and treat yourself as someone in the newsroom. It's simple so please be confident. :)

Good luck! 

forgot to check this, but had mine today! all of a sudden, I completely blanked on all news stories for the writing test! the interview went well, I hope! good luck to everyone! :)

Good luck to everyone! I had my interview and the writing test last week. Since I am not a native speaker, the interviewer might have had an issue with that. I guess he expected me to speak without any accent ))) 

Do you know when they will release admission details? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, Aks_agency said:

Good luck to everyone! I had my interview and the writing test last week. Since I am not a native speaker, the interviewer might have had an issue with that. I guess he expected me to speak without any accent ))) 

Do you know when they will release admission details? 

Sometime this month, I'd assume.

Got a phone call Tuesday. My friend also got one on Monday- we both were recommended for admission! They said they would be calling this week, and the emails should be sent by the end of Feb. Good luck to everyone else!!