No transcripts? Help.

I've made a huge mistake. I misunderstood how official transcripts are released (thought it was an automated system - didn't realize the electronic request still had to go through the university) and left obtaining+uploading my transcripts to my applications until less than a week before the application deadline. I'm now unable to upload copies of my official transcripts to my Dec 30/Jan 1 deadlines, and admissions offices are all closed until after the New Year so I can't even contact anyone about it.

So, what do I do? I'm panicking - my Dec 30th deadline is my top choice program.

As I see it, my only options right now are:

1. Upload a copy of my unofficial transcript? I only have access to unofficial transcripts of 1 of 2 schools, though.
  2. "Forget" to upload the transcript and hope they'll contact me about it missing + not hold the mistake against me?

I would be upfront and email them. I just graduated and requested my transcript far in advance, but there's only one person working the transcript office, and they said they might not be able to process my request until after my schools' deadlines. I simply emailed them explaining the situation and asking if I would be able to upload unofficial copies and said I would send the official copies as soon as I received them -- both the schools were very nice and understanding and said sure. It didn't matter in the end because I ended up getting my transcript in time, but my prospective schools didn't seem bothered or surprised. I'm sure it happens. 

33 minutes ago, katie64 said:

I would be upfront and email them. I just graduated and requested my transcript far in advance, but there's only one person working the transcript office, and they said they might not be able to process my request until after my schools' deadlines. I simply emailed them explaining the situation and asking if I would be able to upload unofficial copies and said I would send the official copies as soon as I received them -- both the schools were very nice and understanding and said sure. It didn't matter in the end because I ended up getting my transcript in time, but my prospective schools didn't seem bothered or surprised. I'm sure it happens. 

I'd be cautious on stating how far in advance you requested something. Some universities do print when transcripts were requested on the transcript. While it most likely isn't that big of a deal, it might raise questions of your honesty if the dates don't match. I agree with @Katie64 though in that some universities are generally understanding. Sometimes though, it might be out of their control and the grad school might hold onto a *firm* deadline. I think private colleges tend to be more flexible because they don't have to answer to certain state regulations.