Importance of LoR writer's designation

nycpolicy

I am applying for MPA/MPP programs.

Long story short, I held two roles in my earlier job. In the first one my work was not related to policy/administration - I was part of a 2 member team working on the company's latest product, and reported to the CEO of the company. In the second one I worked directly with governments, NGOs, impact eval agencies, again not exactly public administration, but as close as I could get in a private company setting, and with the kind of clients I would be working with after graduating from an MPA/MPP degree - in this role I reported to the head (VP) of the department.

I am getting recommendations from the VP for all my schools, but should I get one from the CEO simply because he is a CEO? I have no doubt that he will write a good recommendation for me, but I worry that it will not serve my overall narrative. Still does the 'CEO' tag hold a lot of weight with AdComs?

Edited by aaprabhakar
Forgot to add important piece of information

Still does the 'CEO' tag hold a lot of weight with AdComs?

probably not

I worry that it will not serve my overall narrative

probably not a reasonable fear

if the CEO can write you a better recommendation than whoever is currently your 2nd or 3rd recommender, you should ask him. otherwise it doesn't matter.

Edited by ExponentialDecay