Chemical Engineering MS/PhD 2018 Applicants

MrGenius

Hey guys,

I am an international applicant and have received offers from UPenn and Minnesota in the last one week.

Really looking forward to hearing from CMU now, as my area of interest is Process systems engineering. Anyone here already having an offer from CMU?

Edited by funihonjin

11 hours ago, funihonjin said:

Hey guys,

I am an international applicant and have received offers from UPenn and Minnesota in the last one week.

Really looking forward to hearing from CMU now, as my area of interest is Process systems engineering. Anyone here already having an offer from CMU?

Hi, I am also international and my interest is Process Systems Engineering. I got offers from UT-Austin and Purdue. I think Minnesota is also strong in Process Systems Engineering.

I can see only one post in the result section. It seems they did not send a mass offers yet.

Btw, is your top priority CMU? And what's the next priority? I am looking forward to receiving from CMU, Wisconsin, MIT.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:13 PM, Excelsior! said:

I believe Minessota is highly process oriented, isn't it? I have not heard about CMU decisions, though. Good luck to you!

Yeah, but CMU offers more variety as far as PSE is concerned. Control, Optimization, process modeling.....complete suite!

Btw, I also heard from UCSB.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:18 AM, Pancakes said:

Hi, I am also international and my interest is Process Systems Engineering. I got offers from UT-Austin and Purdue. I think Minnesota is also strong in Process Systems Engineering.

I can see only one post in the result section. It seems they did not send a mass offers yet.

Btw, is your top priority CMU? And what's the next priority? I am looking forward to receiving from CMU, Wisconsin, MIT.

Guess that would be CMU, (Minnesota/Wisconsin), others. Though will decide only after the visits.

Also waiting for MIT, but guess it’s too late already, considering the deadline was Dec 1?

24 minutes ago, funihonjin said:

Also waiting for MIT, but guess it’s too late already, considering the deadline was Dec 1?

I don't believe it has to do with the deadlines that much. I am also waiting for some early December deadlines. I believe they will come soon (positive hopefully).

23 hours ago, Pancakes said:

Does MIT notify the acceptance only via Phone?
Who is calling? A professor or a staff just call and say congratulation?

I got a call from the graduate admissions chair, he basically said "congrats, an official letter with funding information is on the way." The next day I was emailed an official offer.

Hey Guys,

Any new updates? I have not heard anything after the sudden burst of acceptances last week.

Waiting for Wisconsin, CMU, UT-Austin, Princeton.

Offers from UPenn, UCSB, Minnesota.

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, - said:

I got a call from the graduate admissions chair, he basically said "congrats, an official letter with funding information is on the way." The next day I was emailed an official offer.

Congrats for the acceptance!!!

Do you mind to share your profile? (GPA, GRE, Research Exp, awards, etc)

I am applying to MIT Chem Eng too, but since my undergrads major is not chemical engineering, I know the possibility is very low...

8 hours ago, funihonjin said:

Hey Guys,

Any new updates? I have not heard anything after the sudden burst of acceptances last week.

Waiting for Wisconsin, CMU, UT-Austin, Princeton.

Offers from UPenn, UCSB, Minnesota.

Thanks! 

Congrats can you please share your profile, I am also waiting for UCSB

1 hour ago, surya2909 said:

Congrats can you please share your profile, I am also waiting for UCSB

Hi guys,

I am also looking forward to hear from UCSB.
They will probably send the acceptances until early February from what I saw on the results page.

For the people who were accepted, did you contact any POI? They speak on the FAQ page that they do not recommend contacting professors so I guess they do not choose by area. However, it would be interesting to know the areas and profiles of those who were accepted.

On 1/24/2018 at 9:30 AM, - said:

Thank you for sharing!

Guys,

Got offers from UT-Austin (1/12), Purdue (1/16), Delaware (1/22).

I am also waiting for Wisconsin, CMU, MIT. MIT is hopeless though.

Did anyone have an interview? I didn't have an interview in those schools.

On 1/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, Pancakes said:

Guys,

Got offers from UT-Austin (1/12), Purdue (1/16), Delaware (1/22).

I am also waiting for Wisconsin, CMU, MIT. MIT is hopeless though.

Did anyone have an interview? I didn't have an interview in those schools.

I dont think chemical engineering departments typically have interviews. So, any more news on this front? Anyone decided which offer you'll accept? Or still holding out for more offers?

Edited by maimslap

10 hours ago, Excelsior! said:

I am waiting. There have not been news for quite some time and I am nervous about it.

Indeed, the wait is extremely nerve wrecking. Don't know the reason why schools like Wisconsin, CMU have still not started releasing their offers!! 

9 hours ago, funihonjin said:

Indeed, the wait is extremely nerve wrecking. Don't know the reason why schools like Wisconsin, CMU have still not started releasing their offers!! 

I would really appreciate an offer today. Just to calm my nerves! :P

On 1/30/2018 at 11:41 PM, maimslap said:

I dont think chemical engineering departments typically have interviews. So, any more news on this front? Anyone decided which offer you'll accept? Or still holding out for more offers?

I got two more notifications, but those are rejections from Northwestern and UC Berkeley.

Of course, I have not decided yet. Still waiting for other possibilities.

17 hours ago, Excelsior! said:

I would really appreciate an offer today. Just to calm my nerves! :P

Congrats!!!! Where was it?