Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Just got the email from the Netherlands, I'm an alternate. I guess I keep waiting another month and hope for the best. Does any one know what the odds are of being an alternate and then later getting the grant?

Same here! Its hard to say since it depends if they started with 2 times the number of applicants and if they rejected any of the students.

I got it! Full grant to the Netherlands! I'm crying over a bowl of orange chicken at Panda Express lol. Fingers crossed for the alternates..I hope you both hear soon. Hang in there:-)

I got it! Full grant to the Netherlands! I'm crying over a bowl of orange chicken at Panda Express lol. Fingers crossed for the alternates..I hope you both hear soon. Hang in there:-)

Congratulations! Alternate is better than rejected. I am waiting on the Whitaker results also.

Awarded a Fulbright to Turkey!!! Ben Ä°stanbul'a gideceÄŸim!

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet and alternates who are in the dark - I'm sure great things will come for you no matter what happens in this small phase of your life :)

Edited by oinkcluckmoobahh

Update on Spain: "We haven't heard anything from the Spain Commission but we hope it will be within the next two weeks." I guess all previous estimates were pure guess work. Trying to stay positive!

Sigh. Ok - first, thanks for calling. Second, AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I have to let my grad school know by the 15th if I am accepting their offer or not...Talk about cutting it close.

Xanax drip anyone?

I also just found out I'm an alternate to the Netherlands. I feel it is so hard to try and judge what sort of chance we have, how many alternates there are and what our individual rank may be.

Best of luck to all! And congrats nkl1201

Awarded a Fulbright to Turkey!!! Ben Ä°stanbul'a gideceÄŸim!

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard yet and alternates who are in the dark - I'm sure great things will come for you no matter what happens in this small phase of your life :)

congratulations!!! hopefully they dont leave us ETA finalists in the dark for too long

Woohoo! Awarded a Fulbright to Turkey as well! I hope everyone else gets good news soon as well. Best of luck!

Congrats!!! I hope the ETA's will hear soon. What will you be researching in Turkey?

Just found out - I'm an alternate to Andorra.

I'm pretty devastated, but I'm going to do my best to stay optimistic that a position will open for me! Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats!!! I hope the ETA's will hear soon. What will you be researching in Turkey?

Yes, conducting research for my dissertation on ancient monuments in Turkish museums. Good luck with the ETA! Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long.

Full Grant to Turkey!!!!

Big Decision time - never in a million years would I have thought I would get 2 amazing fellowships in one year!?!?!? FLOORED.

Congrats! What is the other grant, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, conducting research for my dissertation on ancient monuments in Turkish museums. Good luck with the ETA! Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long.

Oh! Your research sounds right up my alley. I am in graduate school for Heritage Management and Museum Science. If I get the ETA, I hope to have time to study the development of historic preservation in the country. What is the concentration of your PhD?

For those who got accepted, how long does it say you have before you have to decide? I think some of us "alternates" would like to know how long we should plan on waiting. Congrats to everyone!

For those who got accepted, how long does it say you have before you have to decide? I think some of us "alternates" would like to know how long we should plan on waiting. Congrats to everyone!

The email doesn't say anything about "accepting" per se. It says to notify IIE if you decide at any point to not accept the award.

"In the meantime, be aware that this award is contingent upon your obtaining: medical clearance; a bachelor's degree, if graduating this year; official research clearance from the host country, where applicable; and required visas."

I'm not sure if this is for all countries or if some countries require an official yes/no response.

Hi all! Long time lurker here.I was wondering if anybody else was working on the medical forms?

Anyone else in the difficult position of their most recent physical exams being out of the 6 month period Fulbright gives us, but still within the year, so insurance doesn't cover it? Looks like I'm going to have to shell out several extra hundred dollars for a second physical exam within a year (had one last August) that would've otherwise cost $10. Anyone else in the same position? Any suggestions?

Also, to the other women out there: are you sending in the PAP smear results, even if they come out normal? Or only sending attached test results if their abnormal?

Oh, the joys of hoop jumping. It will be worth it in the end!

Edited by schmetterling123

Oh! Your research sounds right up my alley. I am in graduate school for Heritage Management and Museum Science. If I get the ETA, I hope to have time to study the development of historic preservation in the country. What is the concentration of your PhD?

Nice! I'm in an art history PhD specializing in ancient Mesopotamian art. My dissertation is on the Neo-Assyrian empire and the use of public monuments, specifically in the N. Syria/Anatolia area, in furthering the imperial agenda.

The email doesn't say anything about "accepting" per se. It says to notify IIE if you decide at any point to not accept the award.

"In the meantime, be aware that this award is contingent upon your obtaining: medical clearance; a bachelor's degree, if graduating this year; official research clearance from the host country, where applicable; and required visas."

I'm not sure if this is for all countries or if some countries require an official yes/no response.

Thanks for the updated! Congratulations again!