Michigan State University

nkflyer

Has anyone applied and heard back?

I have called the department several times during the past few weeks. I never know that it takes them so much time to make a dicision.

I am almost done with the waiting and have decided to accept an offer of a M.A. program.

Has anyone applied and heard back?

I have called the department several times during the past few weeks. I never know that it takes them so much time to make a dicision.

I am almost done with the waiting and have decided to accept an offer of a M.A. program.

I did hear back from them two weeks ago (I had already accepted another offer). I had sent a message at the end of March and didn't hear from them at all for two weeks, so who knows what the silence could mean! Maybe try again saying you're about to accept another offer and see if that pushes the notification along a little.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats, Princesspi! :) I am still waiting on my snail-mail letter and last I heard funding was undecided. My POI said we should be getting at least 3 years, though. Who is your advisor? Are you planning on going to visit?

Congrats, Princesspi! :) I am still waiting on my snail-mail letter and last I heard funding was undecided. My POI said we should be getting at least 3 years, though. Who is your advisor? Are you planning on going to visit?

Hey! Thanks for the info! My POI is Dr. Dietz. I hope to get the funding details soon...good or bad news, I just need to know so I can make my final decision.

@Princesspi, I just got my email letter... It says I have a TAship for $628 every 2 weeks. They fund year-to-year but it's renewable as long as you keep your grades up. Have you heard anything yet?

• 4 years later...

Anyone received a funding offer from Michigan State University this year? DGS told me I am on the waitlist for funding and she would be able to tell me about accurate placement by mid-week. But until now there is no update.

7 hours ago, Schwein said:

Anyone received a funding offer from Michigan State University this year? DGS told me I am on the waitlist for funding and she would be able to tell me about accurate placement by mid-week. But until now there is no update.

I have a friend who was offered funding from one program there and expected more details today but they were not sent, so maybe MSU is behind in general

Edited by Aucitronvert

1 hour ago, Aucitronvert said:

I have a friend who was offered funding from one program there and expected more details today but they were not sent, so maybe MSU is behind in general

Many thanks. The DGS told me the bureaucracy there is think. ???