Welcome to The GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse

Icon Notices

• [March 2012] February (and January) Stats: Did you make it to the top ten posters? Check here

Acknowledgement and 'poster presentation'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carlyhylton

carlyhylton

Double Shot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Application Season:Not Applicable

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

1. I gave a 'poster presentation' at my campus a couple months back at an annual 'conference' held at my campus for students to present their intermediate experimental psych research projects
Should I list this on my cv? Would someone look at it and think 'awe, cute' she's trying? Thats what I would be going for...
2. The prof who I work for acknowledged me in one of his recent pubs. This obviously isn't cv worthy, but since I am probably far away from authorship, is there anyway I could mention this in an interview, statement of interest, cover letter etc?

FYI, the next thing I will be using my cv etc for is as an attachment to emails to profs in France (I'm doing my third year in France, as part of my program) to see if I can get an RA gig over the year.

Thanks!
-Carly Hylton

#2 neuropsych76

neuropsych76

Latte Macchiato

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Application Season:Already Attending
  • Program:cognitive neuroscience

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

1. I gave a 'poster presentation' at my campus a couple months back at an annual 'conference' held at my campus for students to present their intermediate experimental psych research projects
Should I list this on my cv? Would someone look at it and think 'awe, cute' she's trying? Thats what I would be going for...
2. The prof who I work for acknowledged me in one of his recent pubs. This obviously isn't cv worthy, but since I am probably far away from authorship, is there anyway I could mention this in an interview, statement of interest, cover letter etc?

FYI, the next thing I will be using my cv etc for is as an attachment to emails to profs in France (I'm doing my third year in France, as part of my program) to see if I can get an RA gig over the year.

Thanks!

I think you could list the poster presentations under "presentations" on your cv. Many people who plan to go on to grad school have poster presentations so while it won't make you stand out much, its nice to have.

I wouldn't bring up the acknowledgment itself in an interview but you could mention the work you did to get the acknowledgment.

#3 carlyhylton

carlyhylton

Double Shot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • Application Season:Not Applicable

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:35 PM

I think you could list the poster presentations under "presentations" on your cv. Many people who plan to go on to grad school have poster presentations so while it won't make you stand out much, its nice to have.

I wouldn't bring up the acknowledgment itself in an interview but you could mention the work you did to get the acknowledgment.

Thanks, again, Neuropsych!
-Carly Hylton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users